Rolling Thunder Forums

Was this a clarification or rule change?

Clan Elder 'Keen

"If you conquer a homeworld, you can convert population there into Colonists, pick up those Colonists using Colonial Berthings, and colonize with them. For all purposes they are treated as if they are your civilians. Note that you still could not drop them into a pop group that was not originally created by you, but you could use them for normal colonization efforts." --Pete

Also, does this have any impact on other activities involving colonists such as ground unit production?

"If you conquer a homeworld, you can convert population there into Colonists, pick up those Colonists using Colonial Berthings, and colonize with them. For all purposes they are treated as if they are your civilians. Note that you still could not drop them into a pop group that was not originally created by you, but you could use them for normal colonization efforts." --Pete

Also, does this have any impact on other activities involving colonists such as ground unit production?

No surprise to me. I've read the same thing on the board in various messages over the last year. Since the racial source of a colonist is not tracked with that material item, the net impact is colonial training essentially converts captured pop into your racial type. Race #9010 walks into the colonial training center, race #1234 walks out. There's a lot more going on in those Colonial Training Centers than we realized. :oops: => :D

HERE's a question: Lets say I take someone's HW. I then create 1000 colonists. The HW has a CSV rating of Extremely High for my race. Will the colonists, now sitting in storage on that HW , suffer any attrition? What I mean is, if the computer is treating Colonist units like material items, they will be sitting in the warehouses doing nothing until I need them. But, if they are treated specailly like a POP unit, then they suffer attrition because they are now like my race. This would mean I need to move those 1000 colonists the very next turn or suffer big loses.

Colonists are packed up ready to ship in cryo vats and will not suffer any attrtion until taken out of cold storage.

Troop creation is still not happening since you can't build troopers in a captured pop group unless you also have captured colonists. I have captured pop groups that have 2 listings for colonist so the program does do some record keeping.

This is not new, it is just a clarification since many more folks are likely colonizing and capturing HW's than in the past.

:D

Colonists are packed up ready to ship in cryo vats and will not suffer any attrtion until taken out of cold storage. 

Troop creation is still not happening since you can't build troopers in a captured pop group unless you also have captured colonists.  I have captured pop groups that have 2 listings for colonist so the program does do some record keeping.

This is not new, it is just a clarification since many more folks are likely colonizing and capturing HW's than in the past.

:D

Hmmm ... On a captured Bashkar colony world, I converted 2 POP into Colonists, and built them into Troopers (and they are sitting there in the stockpiles list). Just waiting to complete the needed weapons to make them into the final item. Still, it appears to have worked for me.

And, I also have an example where a resource is listed twice. Sitting on another Bashkar colony (I seem to have quite a few), the listing shows this:

Population Group 22871 xxxxxx Imperial Population Qty 19

Pop Empire ID 2744

47,337 Iron

1,088,751 Iron

Iron .. and more Iron. Very strange.

Another question, not that it matters to me for now, but knowing the answer might prove usefull in the future:

So you capture that nice little homeworld and because the population is native to that world, they grow by their normal growth that they have been growing by since they started. But what kind of popualtion are they? Yours or that of the world you captured?

Calamaran.

Another question, not that it matters to me for now, but knowing the answer might prove usefull in the future:

So you capture that nice little homeworld and because the population is native to that world, they grow by their normal growth that they have been growing by since they started. But what kind of popualtion are they? Yours or that of the world you captured?

Calamaran.

Until you convert them to Colonisrta dna remove them from that HW they will share the characteristics of the world they inhabit.

Calamaran.

Until you convert them to Colonisrta dna remove them from that HW they will share the characteristics of the world they inhabit.

This applies to any POP within Pop Centers that you did not create or settle. It doesn't matter if the Pop Center is a neutral who willingly joined you, in a colony you captured, or on a HW .. those POP have their own racial characteristics .. as long as they stay on that world. But once converted into raw materials by being made into colonists .. they become your race and POP once thawed out back into Population.