Rolling Thunder Forums

Using SRPs

Fenor

Since we have just got our “Christmas bonus” can somebody clarify for me how SRP points are used? I had thought that they were only applied when you send in an SRP order with a new item in slot #1. I have avoided doing that for the last 3 turns but the item in the #1 slot has been researched instantly each turn anyway. :laugh: Is there any way I can stop this and conserve the SRPs?

Fenor,

Your understanding of how the Santa SRP's are supposed to work is correct.

However, for some reason, I don't think they did work that way. I had the same issue that you did. However, since my first slot was in an item I was going to SRP anyway, I did not complain.

I do remember that someone else posted about this problem a couple weeks back. Pete's answer was that the person must have had some SRP's leftover, and that was why they appeared to automatically trigger off. However, I doubted that answer at the time and still doubt it. I know that I started with a number of SRP's. However, I ran out of those over a year ago. There is no way that any could have been left over since in that year, I have issued several SRP orders, which should have expended any leftovers.

Regardless, if you did not issue a SRP order initally following the Santa SRP's, you should either call Pete or shoot him an email. He's always been very helpful to me and I'm sure he will help you if you describe the problem.

Steve

Since we have just got our “Christmas bonus” can somebody clarify for me how SRP points are used?  I had thought that they were only applied when you send in an SRP order with a new item in slot #1.  I have avoided doing that for the last 3 turns but the item in the #1 slot has been researched instantly each turn anyway. :laugh:  Is there any way I can stop this and conserve the SRPs?

SRP's are automatically applied to the item in slot #1. It does not matter if you change the item or not. If you have SRP's in stock they get used until they are gone, and you cannot stop the process. If you try to get around the process by placing something in slot #1 that SRP's cannot be used on, the program moves on and tries slot #2, and so on through the slots until SRP's are used.

Since we have just got our “Christmas bonus” can somebody clarify for me how SRP points are used?  I had thought that they were only applied when you send in an SRP order with a new item in slot #1.  I have avoided doing that for the last 3 turns but the item in the #1 slot has been researched instantly each turn anyway. :laugh:  Is there any way I can stop this and conserve the SRPs?

Here is the quote from the last gift

The Santa gift of 48 bonus saved lifeform points will be added to your imperial records at the conclusion of this turn. If you have some points already saved, the 48 will simply be added to that total and used normally. If you have none saved, or have already exhausted all of your saved points, the 48 points will be added and flagged just like the original saved points. In this case they will not be triggered for use unless you execute an SRP order next turn. This was done because

some players who miss the turn or otherwise don't submit an SRP order might not want the 48 points spent on whatever happens to be in their slot 1 Research Center next turn. Thus, if you have no saved points left over and do not submit an SRP order next turn, you will still have the 48 points saved - they will be triggered and used the first time you submit an SRP order (just like on the original setup).

Note that it is not when you put an item in slot 1 but rather when you next issue an SRP order. If the item in slot 1 is once that cannot have points spent upon it, then it goes to slot 2 and so on. Also, once the process starts you cannot stop it until all of the points have been expended.

Note that it is not when you put an item in slot 1 but rather when you next issue an SRP order. If the item in slot 1 is once that cannot have points spent upon it, then it goes to slot 2 and so on. Also, once the process starts you cannot stop it until all of the points have been expended.

Sure you can stop it. Just fill your research orders with 5th Gen + stuff. The SRP will stay in the pool.

Silly dolphin.

Sure you can stop it. Just fill your research orders with 5th Gen + stuff. The SRP will stay in the pool.

Silly dolphin.

You're right wolfie. That's a solution. I am not sure that it is a practical solution for most players but it is a solution.