Rolling Thunder Forums

Mass Religious Hysteria!!!!

Octus Imperium

The Fang-Gorn Empire experienced an unusual occurance this past cycle and are wondering if other races experienced a swell of religious fanaticism.

While the race is generally not very religious, the occassional Character spends an inordinate amount of time in a Cathedral, enough to be noted by the Powers That Be. This last cycle there were eight (8) Cathedral notations in the cycle reports to the High Council, which appears to be an extraordinary number.

Alas, all the scientists were apparently in religous rapture and unable to make any minor breakthroughs this past cycle. Some secular interests are thinking about 'preaching' agnostism and aetheism to the scientific community for enhanced productivity in the research labs.....

:thumbsup:

I have a religious leader on a single planet, and after an average of 5 turn cycles, he gets out of his home and then prays at about 4 different deities at the same time. I guess he does not like to play with favorites...

One of my empires averages 18 to 20 religious pray sessions but I also usually get a minor science hit too (not that those ever seem to help in actully completing anything)

Lord SaHeru

That's because your scientists are too busy praying. :ph34r:

Yes...well, for some of us, the only inspiration any of our scientists ever get is through prayer. :thumbsup:

TErnest

One of my empires averages 18 to 20 religious pray sessions but I also usually get a minor science hit too (not that those ever seem to help in actully completing anything)

Lord SaHeru

Yes...well, for some of us, the only inspiration any of our scientists ever get is through prayer. :thumbsup:

TErnest

Well if scientists didn't spend all that time in front of the bench where would they all be- brewing up trouble! I know I do!!

Back to the question, my most senior diety botherer only builds up enough strength to visit all the cathedrals every few turns, then tires himself out and needs a rest again. This behaviour doesn't affect the sterling work that those back room boys are doing. Only wish I knew what they were doing and whether it would yield any results.

Lord SaHeru

TErnest

Well if scientists didn't spend all that time in front of the bench where would they all be- brewing up trouble! I know I do!!

Back to the question, my most senior diety botherer only builds up enough strength to visit all the cathedrals every few turns, then tires himself out and needs a rest again. This behaviour doesn't affect the sterling work that those back room boys are doing. Only wish I knew what they were doing and whether it would yield any results.

Yes, our pattern is similar. Spurts of prayer and unknown results. Must be building to something big, right?

• 2 weeks later...

We've been some form of theocracy since we began. We'd hit turn 37 or so when we quit in Nov '05 and had never seen any result from all the prayer.

We're looking to start playing again, so maybe something has happened in the intervening time. (If we're still alive, that is. We made hostile contact with the Kooky Regime just before we quit.)

We've been some form of theocracy since we began. We'd hit turn 37 or so when we quit in Nov '05 and had never seen any result from all the prayer.

We're looking to start playing again, so maybe something has happened in the intervening time. (If we're still alive, that is. We made hostile contact with the Kooky Regime just before we quit.)

I hope that you find a path to return.