Rolling Thunder Forums

Aakkrn Hailing Empire #724 The Templars

coling

Our ships have met in a galactic region of mutual interest. Contact us at glanvillec@member.ams.org to agree common borders.

Khan Ekkmu

Empire #1571 Aakkrn

Honored Kahn-

Perhaps we should touch base as well. Judging from both the experiences of the EEOC and my own, it would be wise to use caution when approaching the Templars.

The Gosht Kohr lost sisters of the hunt to the Templars this turn in an unprovoked attack. Our warp-mapping ship was not equipped for heavy combat and the bridge system were set at a purely defensive setting, so the Templars pounced first, a turn after first contact.

Due to the nature of the situation when the Templars opened fire, it's -possible- that it was a tactical error. The Templars -may- have been targeting another fleet belonging to a third empire in orbit with us without understanding the nature of multiple-participant fleet combat. So while we now adopt an "aggressively defensive posture," we are still open to communications with the Templars.

If you deem it wise to do so, please communicate where you saw the Templars in private channels. We shall see if the system on our maps. If it is, we too would like to discuss the establishment of trade routes and borders.

You might also wish to contact the EEOC. If you share space with the Templars, then most likely you share space with the EEOC as well.

Our corner of the Universe is getting busy, it would seem.

May your cubs prosper,

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr

how about a battle report showing their tech

**DESTROYED** [1st] FC Cavalier (Frontier Cruiser - 290,000 tons) [integrity: 0 / 13,210,200] [shields: 0 / 208,800]

(Green, Reliable)

10 40cm Autocannon, 330 8cm Gatling CIDS, 1 Battle Imaging System, 2,900 Energy Dispersion Armor Coating

1 Fuel Shuttle, 16,600 Fuel Tankage, 1 Fusion Transwarp Drive, 8 Heavy Graser, 2 Laser Communications Gear

20 Mk I Long Range Sensor, 10 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 435 Mk III Fusion Engine, 58 Mk IV Force Shield

290 Mk V Computer System, 87,000 Vananite Battle Armor

Coherent Beam: 2,196,480, Projectile: 35,200

Maneuverability: 6.00, Meson Web: 2.00 %, Phase Inversion: 2.00 %, Missile Defense: 58.90 %

Reflective Coating: 2.00 %, Sensors: 8.00 %, Tachyon Grid: 2.00 %, Thermal Regulation: 2.00 %

That doesn't look that bad. We could match everything except the force shields and we've only been researching weapons since we discovered this concept of "war" wasn't a practical joke about... hmm... 30 turns ago?

**DESTROYED** [1st] FC Cavalier (Frontier Cruiser - 290,000 tons) [integrity: 0 / 13,210,200] [shields: 0 / 208,800]

(Green, Reliable)

10 40cm Autocannon, 330 8cm Gatling CIDS, 1 Battle Imaging System, 2,900 Energy Dispersion Armor Coating

1 Fuel Shuttle, 16,600 Fuel Tankage, 1 Fusion Transwarp Drive, 8 Heavy Graser, 2 Laser Communications Gear

20 Mk I Long Range Sensor, 10 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 435 Mk III Fusion Engine, 58 Mk IV Force Shield

Maneuverability: 6.00, Meson Web: 2.00 %, Phase Inversion: 2.00 %, Missile Defense: 58.90 %

Reflective Coating: 2.00 %, Sensors: 8.00 %, Tachyon Grid: 2.00 %, Thermal Regulation: 2.00 %

(Green, Reliable)

The thing which concerns us most about this ship is the aggression to which it is used.

I feel an intense need to go claw a tree.

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr

(Green, Reliable)

The thing which concerns us most about this ship is the aggression to which it is used.

I feel an intense need to go claw a tree.

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr

Hey! Watch it! That tree you claw may be sentient!! :taz:

Octus Imperium

Distant cousins of the Fang-Gorn

After some thought, I would like to propose a non-aggression pact to the honored Aakkrn and EEOC empires. It's our desire to walk the path to trade and mutual defense.

Our sources tell us that a battle is raging throughout the known universe between Phoenix Arisen and her allies, and those opposed to them. Many empires seem to have joined in this battle.

Our corner of the universe seems to have been spared immediate inclusion in these battles, but I suspect there could well come a time when we will become involved.

We should try to prepare for that time.

What say you?

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

For the curious, here is the last scan the honored huntresses of the Gosht Kohr Warp Surveyor sent, prior to their destruction by the Templars. I note that this design seems to be a slightly more modern than the one which attacked the EEOC. But only just.

It appears to be a fast ship, and judging from it's carrying of one troop berthing and jump survey sensors, it could have been purpose-made to take over the now-leaderless homeworld of the Bon Bon Kings.

CA Herald II (Heavy Cruiser - 440,000 tons) [integrity: 21,211,600 / 21,211,600] [shields: 25,304 / 180,000] (Green, Timid)

150 8cm Gatling CIDS, 4,000 Cargo Bay, 25 Fuel Shuttle, 49,300 Fuel Tankage, 1 Fusion Transwarp Drive

14 Heavy Graser, 3 Laser Communications Gear, 2 Medium Graser, 440 Mk I Antimatter Engine

45 Mk I Long Range Sensor, 50 Mk IV Force Shield, 2 Mk IV Jump Survey Sensor, 140 Mk V Computer System

1 Troop Berthing, 140,000 Vananite Battle Armor

Coherent Beam: 3,935,360

Maneuverability: 8.00, Missile Defense: 54.70 %, Sensors: 9.30 %

Both Aakkrn explorers have been destroyed this turn by a Templars Heavy Cruiser built with slightly earlier tech levels than the Frontier Cruiser already shown in messages from others.

There was no attempt at communication. One explorer was destroyed in one system then the Heavy Cruiser warped to another system and destroyed the explorer there.

Of particular note is that the Heavy Cruiser is equipped with 2 Mk IV Jump Survey Sensors.

Clearly Templars are intent on destroying all others!

Khan Ekkmu

Aakkrn Empire

After some thought, I would like to propose a non-aggression pact to the honored Aakkrn and EEOC empires. It's our desire to walk the path to trade and mutual defense.

Our sources tell us that a battle is raging throughout the known universe between Phoenix Arisen and her allies, and those opposed to them. Many empires seem to have joined in this battle.

Our corner of the universe seems to have been spared immediate inclusion in these battles, but I suspect there could well come a time when we will become involved.

We should try to prepare for that time.

What say you?

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

We agree. Joint action is the best way to deal with threats posed by the Templars and possible future dangers.

Khan Ekkmu

Aakkrn Empire