Rolling Thunder Forums

AK's & AO's

Meaty_Bites

Was looking through some of the techs, and the German AK's have light AA onboard, but they can't carry any munitions, wouldnt that mean that the LAA would never fire, because there is no munitions.....? Same applies to the AO's.

AAA ratings are an intrinsic ability (ASW as well) that do not require a munitions expenditure so no worries. A lack of munitions will affect naval gunnery (guns & torpedoes) and coastal bombardment ability but not AAA (it does not prevent your units from firing at all but the force would automatically break morale and try to end any engagement once it was out of munitions).

Russ

• 3 weeks later...

I have a different question about the use of divisions aboard AKs and seperating them again for OMN AA attacks:

Given 2 marine 40 (German) divisions in a port city , an appropriate amount of AKs being in the same city (for the cargo sum) and 2x50 LCIs waiting in a seazone nearby -

How am I going to separate the divisions either in port for loading or at sea in order to have 2 OMN AA orders to be accomplished lateron?

Here I find the handling of several divisions in a force and the way to separate them again far too complicated - compared to reality - I mean, what´s the deal to give one division out of two the order to enter a ship in reality? How is this to be done in here, please?

Thank you!

I have a different question about the use of divisions aboard AKs and seperating them again for OMN AA attacks:

Given 2 marine 40 (German) divisions in a port city , an appropriate amount of AKs being in the same city (for the cargo sum) and 2x50 LCIs waiting in a seazone nearby -

How am I going to separate the divisions either in port for loading or at sea in order to have 2 OMN AA orders to be accomplished lateron?

Here I find the handling of several divisions in a force and the way to separate them again far too complicated - compared to reality - I mean, what´s the deal to give one division out of two the order to enter a ship in reality? How is this to be done in here, please?

Thank you!

HP,

When an army group is embarked on a navalforce, you can give the order RG, in order to reorganize the army group. With this order you can split the two divisions.

Afterwards, you can sail the AKfleet to the same seazone of the landingcraft. With the RN order and transfer of ships, you should be able to get an army group in the landingcraft.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Is this scenario feasible using AK's or AP's.

Say a combined fleet of LSM-1 and lots of AP's like the Queen Mary have hypothetically say 4 different ground forces aboard. Can the LSM-1 do a AA with one of the ground forces ( a MArine 39) and then DAF into adjacent friendly provinces with the other 3 ground forces all in the same turn???

Say a combined fleet of LSM-1 and lots of AP's like the Queen Mary have hypothetically say 4 different ground forces aboard. Can the LSM-1 do a AA with one of the ground forces ( a MArine 39) and then DAF into adjacent friendly provinces with the other 3 ground forces all in the same turn???

Yes - the DAF constitutes a primary mission for the army force in question but not the naval force so you could do an OMN, AA (primary mission for naval force and army force involved) then offload separate army forces subsequently with DAF missions (either into the target location - reinforcing the beachhead if your AA was successful) or into other adjacent coastal provinces controlled by you.

Russ

Yes - the DAF constitutes a primary mission for the army force in question but not the naval force so you could do an OMN, AA (primary mission for naval force and army force involved) then offload separate army forces subsequently with DAF missions (either into the target location - reinforcing the beachhead if your AA was successful) or into other adjacent coastal provinces controlled by you.

Russ

With the above in mind. Does an RN order require the transfer of ships or can you also transfer only the cargo/forces between naval forces?