Rolling Thunder Forums

Scuttling Ships (SCUT)

Flagritz

Hi Guys,

I need some help with the scuttle order, I tried getting rid of several ships this turn and none of the orders have worked, here is what appeard on my turn results:

================================================================================

=========================================

-----SCUT (Scuttle Ship)-----

SCUT: 101, 101, Pathfinder, 1

================================================================================

SCUT: 103, 103, Pathfinder, 1

But the ships are still there? will they be removed next turn? None of the ships have leaders, am I missing something? Has anyone done successful Scuttle orders in the past?

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried looking on the boards for the answer and as far as I can tell no one has raised this issue previously.

All help much appreciated!

thanks

Miltiades

Hi Guys,

I need some help with the scuttle order, I tried getting rid of several ships this turn and none of the orders have worked, here is what appeard on my turn results:

SCUT: 101, 101, Pathfinder, 1

SCUT: 103, 103, Pathfinder, 1

But the ships are still there? will they be removed next turn? None of the ships have leaders, am I missing something? Has anyone done successful Scuttle orders in the past?

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried looking on the boards for the answer and as far as I can tell no one has raised this issue previously.

All help much appreciated!

thanks

Miltiades

Never tried it, as even the old Pathfinders have their uses. Why would you even scuttle them?

Never tried it, as even the old Pathfinders have their uses. Why would you even scuttle them?

One of the pathfinders is in territory which Ive ceded to another player, the warp point back is too high for the pathfinder to break so my only option is to scrap it. I also have a slightly large ship (85,000 tonnes) with the same problem I had expected it to be gone also and its SCUT order failed... :(

The other pathfinder... yes it could be useful but I prefer to keep the number of ship designs I have to a minimum once these 2 are gone then all the pathfinders I started will be gone and I can delete the design. I have a dedicated picket ship which I produce en-masse for my warp point sentries and I have much better warp survey ships. Also the pathfinder has a limited practical range therfore if someone runs into it they know they are close to your homeworld.

Miltiades :]

One of the pathfinders is in territory which Ive ceded to another player, the warp point back is too high for the pathfinder to break so my only option is to scrap it. I also have a slightly large ship (85,000 tonnes) with the same problem I had expected it to be gone also and its SCUT order failed... :(

The other pathfinder... yes it could be useful but I prefer to keep the number of ship designs I have to a minimum once these 2 are gone then all the pathfinders I started will be gone and I can delete the design. I have a dedicated picket ship which I produce en-masse for my warp point sentries and I have much better warp survey ships. Also the pathfinder has a limited practical range therfore if someone runs into it they know they are close to your homeworld.

Miltiades :]

Valid reasons to scuttle. I would argue that some Pathfinders are rather far from the HW. At least, some of mine are. So don't count on Pathfinders signaling HW local very strongly for an empire with say 30 or more turns under their belt. (Assuming they wear cloths and have a waistline like humanoids.) {Pathfinders do a nice job of sucking up a few random orders to fill out the 40 multiplier.}

Octus

I would say that you should just tell the empire in question to destroy your ships if he doesn't want them in his space. Otherwise just set them at a planet doiung exploration every turn and forget about them for now. I cannot see any reason to ever scuttle a ship.

:cheers:

I would say that you should just tell the empire in question to destroy your ships if he doesn't want them in his space. Otherwise just set them at a planet doiung exploration every turn and forget about them for now. I cannot see any reason to ever scuttle a ship.

:cheers:

The secret of Mystery Door A was provided for a short cut home, which he had not found out for himself due to keeping his end of a treaty bargain. He can be back in home space in two cycles.