Rolling Thunder Forums

AA Divisions

cmax

That depends on the situation. But looking at the general situations I normally find myself in I will have to say no.

Not unless you are on the defensive, in Legendary or simular fortifications and expect TAS attacks against your ground forces from enemy planes.

That is just my humble opinion though. The biggest problem is that they only fire when they themselves are targetted. If the enemy goes after your runways in the same city or province they just sit there and watch the fireworks.

If there ever comes a Victory!2, it would be a nice improvement to have them empty their barrels on anything flying overhead that is not friendly.

Calamaran.

I tend to use them when defending a city against airborne attack. The typical enemy strategy is to remove my ground troops with TAS and then send in their AIR40's against my LDB's.

I find the AAA Divisons make good sponges against TAS and help my stronger units survive to defend against the air drops. Otherwise they remain quite useless.

I tend to use them when defending a city against airborne attack. The typical enemy strategy is to remove my ground troops with TAS and then send in their AIR40's against my LDB's.

I find the AAA Divisons make good sponges against TAS and help my stronger units survive to defend against the air drops. Otherwise they remain quite useless.

Hi Folks

I never build AAA's

The computer does however.

The computer always seems to have copeus amonts of replacements on hand and it must automatically draw replacement evry turn because when you go back the AAA are generally back up to 100%.

After a few TAS's they die off and you will over run them.

Paul

The question is -- Are AA divisions effective? Do they do the job? Are they worth the money and arm. pts.?

cmax

With a DSM of 1.5 they they are very very vulnerable to air attacks. Really, don't be surprised a veteran bomber unit wipes out 8-10 AAA divisions in a single airstrike. :alien: Unless you put them on DD in a Legendary Fortress, they cannot be worth buying. Building AAA/Static divisions can be usefull in the early game, where massive airpower is not present yet and ARM points are not so abundant. In later stages of the game they are virtually useless.

If they would add to the total AAA rating in a city than they could be very usefull as they would help protecting your airbases where your precious airplanes are stationed. But unfortunately that is not the case, maybe it will be in the second edition of Victory!

Hersir