Rolling Thunder Forums

Colonization

Guidus Augustus

I am a new player. I talked with Pete about colonization, and he suggested that I ask you, the Players of SN:ROTE, for help.

My people breath nitrogen and live on a frozen planet. There are 2 moons that have nitrogen atmospheres, but they are very bad for me to colonize.

Pete talked about the construction of domed cities that one can build to counteract this problem. However, he wasn't sure about the tech tree choices that are necessary for this to be realized.

If anyone can point me down a path that will lead to my being able to colonize worlds that would otherwise be uninhabitable for me, I would be much appreciated.

Guidus Augustus :thumbsup:

I am a new player. I talked with Pete about colonization, and he suggested that I ask you, the Players of SN:ROTE, for help.

My people breath nitrogen and live on a frozen planet. There are 2 moons that have nitrogen atmospheres, but they are very bad for me to colonize.

Pete talked about the construction of domed cities that one can build to counteract this problem. However, he wasn't sure about the tech tree choices that are necessary for this to be realized.

If anyone can point me down a path that will lead to my being able to colonize worlds that would otherwise be uninhabitable for me, I would be much appreciated.

Guidus Augustus :thumbsup:

Domed City: Domed Cities provide safe, clean and affordable housing for your colonists, with the

added benefit of being sealed from harsh atmospheric conditions. It is much more

difficult for alien flora and fauna to invade a Domed City than open encampments,

reducing colonial attrition as a result. Domed Cities are manned by 1 Population unit,

and provide housing for 100 additional Population.

Production requirements: 5,000 Improved Construction Materials

Consumes: <nothing>

Requires: 2nd Generation Civil Engineering as a prerequisite technology

Requires: Improved Construction Materials as a prerequisite technology

The key to colonization is going to be your lifeform choices. If your colonization bar is short to the positive or at all negative then it will be difficult for you to colonize in the best of situations.

Some lifeforms can colonize quite well and even do well on moderate to high attrition worlds. Other lifeforms that are poor colonizers can't do well even on worlds that are listed as ideal on the CSV.

The biggest hurdle to successful colonization is generally temperature.

If you find that you are a poor colonizer you can make corrections with Species Engineering. It takes a while, but it is possible.

Good Luck

:thumbsup: