Rolling Thunder Forums

Enhanced A Convoy Route

tigeriith

I have a ship on a convoy route and it has just executed a LC at the origin world and is scheduled to exercise a MOVE as the next route order. Can I give a LC outside of the convoy route to add additional cargo and then have the ship coninue on its convoy execution? I would like to do this rather than taking the ship off the convoy route, doing the LC and then putting the ship back on the route?

I have a ship on a convoy route and it has just executed a LC at the origin world and is scheduled to exercise a MOVE as the next route order. Can I give a LC outside of the convoy route to add additional cargo and then have the ship coninue on its convoy execution? I would like to do this rather than taking the ship off the convoy route, doing the LC and then putting the ship back on the route?

You most certainly can! :D

In fact, you can issue about any order (other than another CONV order) without aborting any subsequent convoy order. Just keep in mind that any APs you might expend cannot then be used in the turn's convoy activity. And be careful that any movement you do does not leave any subsequent convoy activity impossible to execute.

:cheers:

TErnest

As TErnest said, yes you can. It is a pretty common practice for me between conquered HWs and my HW. For example, between systems A and B. I have two one way convoy routes from A to B and from B to A. the last convoy route order of each is to assign the ship to the other convoy. That way, the ships will keep going back and forth and will stop over the appropriate planet in A or B, before starting the next convoy. I then issue a LC order for whatever I want to go to the other planet, and away it goes.

Of course, a good use for those 'extra' pop groups, (for us old guys who have them) is to move into an empty pop group whatever we want transferred and you can have a looped convoy route that issues a LC All from that pop group and keeps moving instead of stopping over a planet each turn.

:D