Rolling Thunder Forums

Character activity reports

caliburn

Hi peeps -

quick question - I have had reports of My Empress solving labour disputes and boosting resource production, but nothing from my scientists. Are scientist characters boosts to research shown anywhere or do you have to infer them from the rate at which a project progresses?

:D

John

Hi peeps -

quick question - I have had reports of My Empress solving labour disputes and boosting resource production, but nothing from my scientists. Are scientist characters boosts to research shown anywhere or do you have to infer them from the rate at which a project progresses?

:D

John

The scientist breakthroughs show just under your production results:-

Academician <needs name> used his/her skills as a Scientist to good effect, resulting in a minor breakthrough in the field of XXXXX research!

It sounds like you didn't have any this turn. Of course, if you do have any, you still have to infer the actual benefit.

I think the benefits are static for Scientist hits. Each hit is worth a percentage of a Research Center activity for the turn.

I may be wrong, but the inference is that each Technology requires a certain number of reasearch points to achieve. The more advanced a Technology the more points are required. Each Research Center generates a certain number of points per turn towards an assigned Technology. I don't know what the equation is, but for the sake of discussion, let us say that it is 10*SQRT(RCs_Assigned). Thus one RC assigned to a Technology will net you 10 Research Points per turn, while 2 RCs assigned to the same technology would net you 14 Research Points per turn, and so forth.

My hope is that a Scientist hit garners you 10 points per hit (given the above formula). It's worth a solo RC worth of research. My additional assumption is that the greater the rank of your Scientist, the greater the chance of multiple hits in a turn.

FWIW,

-SK :woohoo:

I think the benefits are static for Scientist hits. Each hit is worth a percentage of a Research Center activity for the turn.

I may be wrong, but the inference is that each Technology requires a certain number of reasearch points to achieve. The more advanced a Technology the more points are required. Each Research Center generates a certain number of points per turn towards an assigned Technology. I don't know what the equation is, but for the sake of discussion, let us say that it is 10*SQRT(RCs_Assigned). Thus one RC assigned to a Technology will net you 10 Research Points per turn, while 2 RCs assigned to the same technology would net you 14 Research Points per turn, and so forth.

My hope is that a Scientist hit garners you 10 points per hit (given the above formula). It's worth a solo RC worth of research. My additional assumption is that the greater the rank of your Scientist, the greater the chance of multiple hits in a turn.

FWIW,

-SK :woohoo:

The greater the rank, the higher the likelihood of a hit by a scientist. I have been tracking my scientists for over 60 turns and there is a definite increase based on rank. As for how much it appears that scientists max out at 20% of the research required to complete a tech. This is from observing the hits and I notice that I get the same gain from a 2nd gen tech as from a 3rd. 4th level techs generate between 10 and 20% of teh research required.

• 1 month later...

FWIW,

-SK :ph34r:

The greater the rank, the higher the likelihood of a hit by a scientist. I have been tracking my scientists for over 60 turns and there is a definite increase based on rank. As for how much it appears that scientists max out at 20% of the research required to complete a tech. This is from observing the hits and I notice that I get the same gain from a 2nd gen tech as from a 3rd. 4th level techs generate between 10 and 20% of teh research required.

Scientist rank is used both to determine success chance and the amount of research gained. Top level researchers are valuable, indeed ;)