Rolling Thunder Forums

Make nation statups available?

Should all nation startups be available to all players?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time to end the debate by a poll. Should we lift the 'fog of war' by making all nation setups available?

Most experienced players have all setups allready thereby having an advantage over newbies. Share your opinions please.

Time to end the debate by a poll. Should we lift the 'fog of war' by making all nation setups available?

Most experienced players have all setups allready thereby having an advantage over newbies. Share your opinions please.

This one is a no brainer. Startups should be available to everyone in the file package available on the RTG website. Sure it's a fairness issue, but it's realistic also. The info in a startup would be readily available to the president of any country you can name.

Just my thoughts,

Race Pilsner

Hi Guys,

I've got no mechanics reason to oppose making them available at this point. Just a time issue - I'll probably put together an extra set when Game 84 is ready to be set up and make them available on the website at that point.

Take care & good gaming,

Russ

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Ok - I've finally got the setups example set on the website :beer: Sorry for the delay, I did do an extra set for examples when Game 84 formed (note that all games are identical in this regard - Game 84 was just when it was done) but then it slipped my mind :nuke: and I just never finished the project by updating the website and making the announcement.

In any event, it's available now, there is a topic about it in the "News From The Front" forum as well, on our website:

Victory! FTP Download Area

The setup files have been zip compressed and the file name is "SetupExamplesALL.zip"

Have fun!

Russ

Hi Guys,

Ok - I've finally got the setups example set on the website :beer: Sorry for the delay, I did do an extra set for examples when Game 84 formed (note that all games are identical in this regard - Game 84 was just when it was done) but then it slipped my mind :woohoo: and I just never finished the project by updating the website and making the announcement.

In any event, it's available now, there is a topic about it in the "News From The Front" forum as well, on our website:

Victory! FTP Download Area

The setup files have been zip compressed and the file name is "SetupExamplesALL.zip"

Have fun!

Russ

Thanks Russ. :nuke: