Rolling Thunder Forums

Air Drop Troops

Warmaster

I have need to Air Drop some toops into a besieged city.

It is clear of course that the OMA ADT is a primary mission for the air force but I can find nothing about if it is primary mission for the ground unit.

Specifically can I move a ground unit to a city where my transport planes ae waiting and then perform the OMA ADT mission?

Conversly could a ground unit in the city with the transport planes perform the OMA ADT mission land in the city and then attack the province? If if I could, surely it would not work if I merged with another army at the city I transported to, would it?

Any clarfications out there, please?

I have need to Air Drop some toops into a besieged city.

It is clear of course that the OMA ADT is a primary mission for the air force but I can find nothing about if it is primary mission for the ground unit.

Specifically can I move a ground unit to a city where my transport planes ae waiting and then perform the OMA ADT mission?

Conversly could a ground unit in the city with the transport planes perform the OMA ADT mission land in the city and then attack the province? If if I could, surely it would not work if I merged with another army at the city I transported to, would it?

Any clarfications out there, please?

Warmaster,

ADT is a primary mission for both the army group and air group.

So moving an army to the airfield and the in the same turn transporting these is not possible.

Also note that you can only use the air-transport order to move troops into a city. The air-drop order can only be used to get fresh troops into provinces.

Hope this helps,

Norbert