Rolling Thunder Forums

Active Players

Guest Spongebob

Guest Spongebob

I was just wondering if we as sensible :woohoo: players could post some sort of list of active nations in each game. Now I know some may not want the world to know who is and is not active in a game but I for one would like to know if I am fighting a solo battle against 'X' number of other players.

For example - Game 83 - Who is active in that game. From what I can tell its Iceland, GB, Ireland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Baltics and that is only because it is I and my allies against the ones who have recently attacked me. Now I am happy for the battles to continue to the end but would love to know if others are still active in the middle east, africa or the russias etc.

Maybe a former player could compile a monthly round-up of a game. A sort of roving reporter who could post on the forum the current status, a sort of newsletter. Of course they should be someone who has either never played that game or dropped / knocked out.

It would be upto them to be honest and of the utmost integrety so they can be trusted not to disclose sensative information should it come their way.

I am more than willing to volunteer for any game im not in.

What do others think?

(Phew - I need to sit down in a dark room now)

I was just wondering if we as sensible :woohoo: players could post some sort of list of active nations in each game. Now I know some may not want the world to know who is and is not active in a game but I for one would like to know if I am fighting a solo battle against 'X' number of other players.

For example - Game 83 - Who is active in that game. From what I can tell its Iceland, GB, Ireland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Baltics and that is only because it is I and my allies against the ones who have recently attacked me. Now I am happy for the battles to continue to the end but would love to know if others are still active in the middle east, africa or the russias etc.

Maybe a former player could compile a monthly round-up of a game. A sort of roving reporter who could post on the forum the current status, a sort of newsletter. Of course they should be someone who has either never played that game or dropped / knocked out.

It would be upto them to be honest and of the utmost integrety so they can be trusted not to disclose sensative information should it come their way.

What do others think?

Dear Spongebobbie,

You are here giving the impression that you are still in a ongoing game...wow that is the real news to me.

You could also make a RNA order and in addition a SIM POL, than you (almost) get all the info you want and needed.

A newspaper is a good idea, but someone not participating in this game, is I think is not a good idea. It also takes a lot of time, and nobody has that anymore these days, or you must be a student and be sober... But the idea is not bad.

Maybe an idea could be a kind of scoring list every month of every nation, because it is still a game, so it would be interesting to know what nation is first, with the points for ARM, SHIP, AIR, Morale etc. mentioned. And these nations must be active, because if the points do not change it couls mean they are out of the game, but must not be.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France in VIC79 and winner of VIC...no I must not brag...not yet. Otherwise people think I have A PROBLEM!!!!!

I was just wondering if we as sensible :rolleyes: players could post some sort of list of active nations in each game. Now I know some may not want the world to know who is and is not active in a game but I for one would like to know if I am fighting a solo battle against 'X' number of other players.

What do others think?

Dear Spongebobbie,

You are here giving the impression that you are still in a ongoing game...wow that is the real news to me.

You could also make a RNA order and in addition a SIM POL, than you (almost) get all the info you want and needed.

A newspaper is a good idea, but someone not participating in this game, is I think is not a good idea. It also takes a lot of time, and nobody has that anymore these days, or you must be a student and be sober... But the idea is not bad.

Maybe an idea could be a kind of scoring list every month of every nation, because it is still a game, so it would be interesting to know what nation is first, with the points for ARM, SHIP, AIR, Morale etc. mentioned. And these nations must be active, because if the points do not change it couls mean they are out of the game, but must not be.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France in VIC79 and winner of VIC...no I must not brag...not yet. Otherwise people think I have A PROBLEM!!!!!

My experience has taught me not to just believe what I read on the forum (or any forum for that matter). Regardless of who you select to do this job, they will end up coloring what they write with propaganda anyway. Whether it's direct propaganda or indirect propaganda is irrelevant, the simple truth is they will be told nations are no longer active (that wish to be covert) and they will be told that inactive nations are active (perhaps to protect desired territory or another hundred possible reasons). Information is powerful, it gives the person "in the know" an advantage. I doubt many people will reveal their inside knowledge Sponge, but it will be interesting to see should I prove to be mistaken ;)

Race Pilsner

Guest Spongebob

Lets put it too the test shall we Race - I have never played in a game 84 so I volunteer to write a sponge free account of activities in 84 in the style of a news reporter. All sources are confidental. I will give it a week to see if anyone in 84 wishes to contribute to the end results. Any and all information greatly recieved. If you do wish to contribute then prepare to be questioned to get the truth out of you. :rolleyes:

Lets put it too the test shall we Race - I have never played in a game 84 so I volunteer to write a sponge free account of activities in 84 in the style of a news reporter. All sources are confidental. I will give it a week to see if anyone in 84 wishes to contribute to the end results. Any and all information greatly recieved. If you do wish to contribute then prepare to be questioned to get the truth out of you. :rolleyes:

Hey, I have no objections.

I volunteer to go first. Baltic States is still in game 84.

Race Pilsner

Guest Spongebob

Errrm I think it wise to give out the email address so people can send me there info. Please no spam or invitations from companies wanting to enhance my manhood, or offer me drugs without prescription, or miracle cures for baldness, or... well you get the picture.

The email address for V84 submissions is victorypositions@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, and race? send me some juicy info in Spongeistanian, remember I need things explaining to me sometimes.

I was just wondering if we as sensible :rolleyes: players could post some sort of list of active nations in each game. Now I know some may not want the world to know who is and is not active in a game but I for one would like to know if I am fighting a solo battle against 'X' number of other players.

What do others think?

Egypt and Saudi are actively fighting Persia and Syria. Tunisia has a new ruler and fights on. I, Trans-Jordan, only continue for intel and scouting air strikes for my allies (Egypt and Saudi).

We should have dropped a bit back to give our enemies their best chance against Monk, but we say NEVER!!!!

What do others think?

I don't like the idea. It should be up to those in the game to figure it out. It would influence who stays, leaves and who to attack.

What do others think?

Game 84 inactives now include Denmark, Austria, Germany, Norway, and Finland. Poland and Central both dropped several turns ago. USA dropped even longer ago.

Tom the Red