Rolling Thunder Forums

XSENS

Landmine

If I station a sentinal infront of a warp point with an xsens mission will it only tell me about alien activity at that warp point or does it give reports on the rest of the system?

I.e. if I am at a system with 4 warp points will I need 4 sentinals or could 1 do the trick and report on any alien incursion into that system?

If I station a sentinal infront of a warp point with an xsens mission will it only tell me about alien activity at that warp point or does it give reports on the rest of the system?

I.e. if I am at a system with 4 warp points will I need 4 sentinals or could 1 do the trick and report on any alien incursion into that system?

Using XSENS I believe you would want to put a sentinel on every WP, but it would only give you details on the WPs not any in-sytem moves (unless they were from a WP).

This is an interesting post:

http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index....pic=1099&hl=

It suggests moving sentinels to/from WPs using convoy routes. Alien Fleet Sightings are often triggered by movement I believe so this would make sense. If you had a high enough AP ship you could patrol a whole system (planets and WPs) in this manner. However I have also read that there is no guarantee an Alien Fleet Sighting will be generated anyway...maybe the more experienced players can confirm?

Now I have the fear!.... who's already slipped past me while I've been posting this! :woohoo: Hopefully just those mead sellers :woohoo:

Hard to say if sightings are missed with CR's. XSENS is a fine option if you want to expend the orders and is better than a CR if you really want every opportunity to see somebody.

CR's are best if you want to sweep a system(s), WP(s) and or planets to look for intruders who might be sticking around.

Just my opinion of course.

:woohoo:

Hard to say if sightings are missed with CR's. XSENS is a fine option if you want to expend the orders and is better than a CR if you really want every opportunity to see somebody.

CR's are best if you want to sweep a system(s), WP(s) and or planets to look for intruders who might be sticking around.

CR????

What is a CR? I just checked the orders supplement and do not find a CR order. this sound quite intriguing. Where can I get more info?

Any uncloaked fleet should be detected if they move into that point where the sentinal is. In addition, with the XSENS order, fleets that are at that position, will be detectwd even if they haven't moved. To detect cloaked fleets, you will need sensors that can detect them. However, I am not sure if cloaking is implemented.

Yes you need one sentenal at each point.

CR????

What is a CR? I just checked the orders supplement and do not find a CR order. this sound quite intriguing. Where can I get more info?

Short for Convoy Route

I would say post a ship at each warp point

That will give you the most information about commings and goings of alien fleets. The xsens is only usefull after the initial sighting. That order executes at the end of movement so you only know if a fleet is hanging around.. Having a ship posted you know the approximate order# it moved into your system, useful information.

Granted a fleet sighting is not guarenteed to happen.