Rolling Thunder Forums

The New Rules

miraeng

Basically, terror bombing will no longer work. Targeting population with a SB or a CB will be ineffective. The morale part of the damage will no longer go through as collateral damage. You can still issue the orders, but the target keys for the population will not have the desired effect as seen previously (if you had ever issued the order before).

I must be thick I dont really comprend the changes and what advantage they are

Slowly now I'm a bit slow!

The SB and Cb option to target population was being used in an opened ended game. One team took the morale of one of the other teams nations to below 0. They then forced peace on him driving his morale further negative. Now while he tries to get his morale positive the opposing team can gang up on his teammates. Negative morale is a very bad place to be.

You will notice no effective difference, since no one really uses terror attacks the rule change will be transparent to almost everyone.

You will notice no effective difference, since no one really uses terror attacks the rule change will be transparent to almost everyone.

Does this mean that POP cannot be targeted

No POP will be hit so we cant attack the enemy and try to reduce POP in cities we know have high POP thus reducing income from that city as well as production

Does this also mean going negative moral doesn't matter so you can spend till you drop

No POP will be hit so we cant attack the enemy and try to reduce POP in cities we know have high POP thus reducing income from that city as well as production

Does this also mean going negative moral doesn't matter so you can spend till you drop

Neutrals (the computer) can't force peace, now. I didn't know they could before. If you over spend a human run country can force peace.

I think that the population can be targeted and loses taken. There is no loss to morale however.

Neutrals (the computer) can't force peace, now. I didn't know they could before. If you over spend a human run country can force peace.

I think that the population can be targeted and loses taken. There is no loss to morale however.

Now I get it

I forgot the computer was considered the Neutral

The computer forced peace on me once the computer was playing US

Here's an idea, as long as we're on the subject of rules changes and basic game improvements. As you know, when a TA gives you some Economic Assistance (EA), you see it on your turn results. But, when an ally/total ally sends you materiel (CP/FUEL/MUN/GEN/HVY/LGT/OIL/COAL/FOOD), either thru a MCR or a LC order, you do not see that. I think you should get a blurb in the Political Activity area when you receive materiel goods. Thoughts?

Here's an idea, as long as we're on the subject of rules changes and basic game improvements. As you know, when a TA gives you some Economic Assistance (EA), you see it on your turn results. But, when an ally/total ally sends you materiel (CP/FUEL/MUN/GEN/HVY/LGT/OIL/COAL/FOOD), either thru a MCR or a LC order, you do not see that. I think you should get a blurb in the Political Activity area when you receive materiel goods. Thoughts?

Yeah it wouldn't hert

Usually by the time you get the materials you need you are so light on you know you got it