Rolling Thunder Forums

Captured race question

Mahdi

Pop take on the characteristics of the pop group they are in. So a captured race keeps their characteristics, but as soon as you TR them to a pop center of another race, they are treated as this new raace. Divisions in your army always have your races characteristics.

if you capture a race and leave them on the pop group that is their home then all is fine for things like attrition and such....... but as soon as you ctrn them they become your racial traits and will survive on your home world like your pop but put them somewhere that they would not suffer attrition as their original selves but your pop would and they will die... such as the world that you conquered is way diff than your home world and you ctrn the pop and then put them back on the conquered world ... they will die like flies

i am under the impression that once you turn pop into colonist and then load and off load them they are just like the original pop that you start the game with and there fore would die if put back in the pop group they came from if it was different than the home world of the conquerer.. ????? just tryin to figure it out

i am under the impression that once you turn pop into colonist and then load and off load them they are just like the original pop that you start the game with and there fore would die if put back in the pop group they came from if it was different than the home world of the conquerer.. ????? just tryin to figure it out

The pop group is everything. If you put population into an existing pop group, it becomes the race of that pop group. So, any population placed into a pop group you create becomes your race. And population put into a captured pop group becomes the race of the original owner of the pop group.

The pop group is everything. If you put population into an existing pop group, it becomes the race of that pop group. So, any population placed into a pop group you create becomes your race. And population put into a captured pop group becomes the race of the original owner of the pop group.

What happens if I build a Transport Center in a different Pop Center on the same planet and then TR Population to that other Pop center? Does the Population that was transferred keep the same characteristics or do they change when transferred?

What happens if I build a Transport Center in a different Pop Center on the same planet and then TR Population to that other Pop center? Does the Population that was transferred keep the same characteristics or do they change when transferred?
They change to the characteristics of the founder of the new pop group.

It boils down to the population now belongs to your race.

You can not build troops with that races traits, even on the captured world. You build troops on the captured planet in the original pop group they become your race's troops with your characteristics.

The only reason for leaving the pops on the captured planet is for attrition reasons. Like everyone said you can add to the captured pop group so the new population will survive on the planet, but if you peel off pop's on that planet to a colony you create, unless your race can survive on the planet they will die.

If you look on your turnsheet, in the Imperial Stockpiles section, the last coumn is "Pop Empire ID". This is the flag that tells you the race of the population in that pop group. For pop groups you placed, it will be your empire id. For captured pop groups, it will be the empire from whom you captued it.

All population in a pop group is of that race, no matter how it got there.

All divisions in an army in a pop group are of that race, no matter how they got there.

Colonists and troops in transports are technically no race at all until they are placed into a pop group or an army in a pop group.

Have you verified the last claim about troops in a pop group? I always thought they are of the type of the empire owning that popgroup and army. So you cannot have troops of any foreign characteristic under your command. Only allies (aka troops owned by another empire) can support your side with troops of other characterisitcs. I have never seen this otherwise. Have you witnessed this behaviour for yourself?

Have you verified the last claim about troops in a pop group? I always thought they are of the type of the empire owning that popgroup and army. So you cannot have troops of any foreign characteristic under your command. Only allies (aka troops owned by another empire) can support your side with troops of other characterisitcs. I have never seen this otherwise. Have you witnessed this behaviour for yourself?

On reflection, you are correct. I stand corrected.