Rolling Thunder Forums

VOEP vs. Windows 10 ?

Hello all. I'm new here, recently retired and would like to get into a game or 2 of Victory. Is there a trick to downloading the VOEP files and getting it to work properly in Windows 10? I'm not a complete neophyte in regards to computers, but I'm having a rough go getting VOEP downloaded and working.

I almost started playing back in the 90's, but 60 + hours working and a family decided things different. Look forward to giving the game a go. Any other help would be appreciated.

Robert "Doug" Steinberg

wargames4sale@yahoo.com

After a lot of tinkering, I finally got it to run. I believe I can run turns through it. I believe anyway. Until I actually use it for a game it might be a different story. 

Does it work with the Tech and Victory rules set? I mean when I click the help link, it doesn't show anything. Has the headers, but nothing else??? I know I'm doing something wrong, but that's nothing new :) It might not be set up for the help link? 

By the way, thanks Nils for getting back to me. Sorry for the troubles. 

Doug

Not sure what you mean with "work with the Tech and Victory rules set". What help link are you clicking? On my laptop all menu items under Help are working as expected. Do you have the Victory!.chm file in the same folder as the main program?

Thanks Nils for the help. I'll try moving Victory!.chm file into the same folder as the main program? I did unzip everything, so I doubt that's it. I have no trouble opening VOEP and it seems it will work fine once I receive a turn. I was wondering if the Help link was supposed to work the way I understood it was. I thought you could bring up the game rules and all the Tech files while still running the program. Currently I can't. 

Sorry it takes so long to reply. I keep forgetting to look. :( 

Doug

Doug,

I think if you want to open the help file from within the program it has to be in the same folder, yes. You should also be able to open the help file by double clicking it. If I remember correctly, the only time you actually navigate to a specific location in the help file is when you open the help from a specific order.

Nils