Rolling Thunder Forums

Fortifications & City/Terrain Bonuses

Commander Azuth

Here's a couple more questions regarding LDBs.

1 - When you have Fortification in your province or city, does the LDBs also get the fortification bonus (of course as a "green" experiened unit)?

2 - Are LDBs considered Infantry in terms of Terrain Combat Bonuses? Meaning, does the LDB have a 1.1 bonus when defending a City. What about for all other terrain types?

Hmm...

Interesting questions. In the rule book there is no mention about fortifications in combination with LDBs. So therefore I think that a fortification bonus also applies to LDBs.

For combat terms, LDBs are treated as a regular division, but the rulebook is not clear about the type for terrain purposes. I think it is infantry, but perhaps Russ can give the right answer.

Norbert

yes they do make use of fortifications. By themselves, they always use Hasty Defense. This means they would make use of 50% of the fortification bonus (see the rule on Battle tactics. If with regular troops, they will make use of Forts based upon the defense tactic of the regular troops. :angry2:

It is my understanding that they are NOT affected by terrain. That is they are local troops and don't have a plus or minus.

• 3 weeks later...

LDB's as far as I know are treated as the same as static div types. THey also get modified by terrain and fortification lvls, and training. if you have say 1000 ldb's in a mountain prov. it gets modified by both being green and a static type divison in a mountain terrain.

SO your 1000 ldb's :blink:

1000 * .8 *.8 = 640 not including any other modifiers. :beer:

THis is what I have seen playing the game. And since Russ will not tell us exactly how the combat system works. My best guess. But it has been pretty consistent throughout.

DezertCamel :huh:

Here's a couple more questions regarding LDBs.

1 - When you have Fortification in your province or city, does the LDBs also get the fortification bonus (of course as a "green" experiened unit)?

2 - Are LDBs considered Infantry in terms of Terrain Combat Bonuses? Meaning, does the LDB have a 1.1 bonus when defending a City. What about for all other terrain types?

1. Yes - the LDBs can benefit from fortifications but as Kuraisser noted - tactics is a major factor when considering fortifications and LDBs use Hasty Defense (not the best option) if no regular force is present to dictate otherwise.

2. LDBs are treated like as "Static" not "Infantry" so the terrain adjustments for static units would apply.

Russ