Rolling Thunder Forums

Suggestion for Addition to Turns

I was thinking that it might be very useful indeed if we had a listing of already-known technologies and installations with every turn.

The list would take the form used by the current 'Researchable Items' print-out. To save space, perhaps the listing would only include the most advanced representative of a particular technological brance. For instance, there would be no need to list Mk I Nuclear Engines if you had access to Mk II Nuclear Engines.

This list would benefit the foregetful (like me) and those with multiple positions. It must take a little effort remembering which position can build what.

Comments? :)

I was thinking that it might be very useful indeed if we had a listing of already-known technologies and installations with every turn.

The RTD order gives you a list of the technology a specific empire knows and the Installation Report (right before you Research Report) is your list of Installations.

Now if you're talking about a list of technologies and installation from EVERY empire, then good luck in obtaining that. :)

The list would take the form used by the current 'Researchable Items' print-out. To save space, perhaps the listing would only include the most advanced representative of a particular technological brance. For instance, there would be no need to list Mk I Nuclear Engines if you had access to Mk II Nuclear Engines.

This list would benefit the foregetful (like me) and those with multiple positions. It must take a little effort remembering which position can build what.

Comments? :)

It's a good idea, to have a short list (without descriptions) of all known techs. You already have it for installations actually. I doubt Pete will add this though. Every turn I add any new techs learned to an alphabetical list contained in a Word file. I also do the RTD about every 5 turns.

We have a section on our spreadsheet that lists our research history. We've also developed a way to predict exactly how long any given tech will take to research, so that we can plan ahead.

Given some notice, we could send a copy out, but it would take a while to strip sensitive information out of it.

Sha'thar shakes her head. "No... I already know about the RTD order, and yes, that does take reams of paper. I was thinking of a list, along the lines of the 'researchable items' list that comes with each turn. And only for the empire whose turn it is." :drunk:

Which is why you keep a separate spreadsheet for each empire.

FWIW -- You do get a list of what your empire knows every turn. If you look in the Items table of your empire's data file, you will find an alphabetical list of everything that your empire has successfully researched. :(

What I would like is an order that will give you a list of every technology that has at least SOMETHING towards research.

Adding how much has been researched (similar to the current list of RC's) would be icing on the cake, but I would be happy with a simple yes or no listing.

Very useful at times.

People, this is "Spreadsheets in Space" Why are you not tracking your own research progress? If we want to know everything we've ever researched, we pull up the correct worksheet and look. We can organize them by progress, by name, whatever. We have a list of every tech hit we've gotten from EXPL orders, as well.