Rolling Thunder Forums

Fuel Usage

Ixitixl

Does any one remember the formula for how much fuel would be consumed for a fleet of ships travelling through a warp point? And could us please remind me.

Am I correct in assuming that a single ship in a fleet would use the formula: Warp Bubble size multiplied by the Class of the Warp point? Ex: a Firefly ship with a warp bubble of 3 jumping through a Class E Warp Point (Fuel Multiplier 16) would 48 tons of Fuel, and not 1056 tons of Fuel?

I am having problems with the higher warp points this turn and I am trying to verify things. Thanks

Each ship uses one fuel per 1000 tons of ship times the multiplier of the warp point. A has a multiplier of 1, B of 2, C of 4, D of 9, E of 16, F of 25, and G of 36.

SO, Fuel Used = (Ship Tonnage * Warp Point Multiplier) / 1000 should do it. The fuel used by a fleet jumping the WP is the same. Fuel Used = (Fleet Tonnage * Warp Point Multiplier) / 1000 .. though someties this is off slightly due to rounding for each individual ship.

:drunk:

All my ships that I have designed do not have adequate Fuel Tankage. The Fire Fly class ship was 66,000 Tons. So it would use 1056 tons of Fuel to go through a Class E Warp point...

I am going to have to redesign most of my ships now... There are a lot of Class E and above warp points close by.

ShadowKitsune,

Thanks for the advice, luckily for me I do have Fuel Tankers at my disposal. I was about to NUD a few new designs, I am glad I became aware of this now and not after I built the newer versions. My explorer ships had a high number Jump Drives in order to keep the Warp Bubble size very small, that will have to change now. Unless I plan to assault Warp Points with these ships... :P