Rolling Thunder Forums

FAQ

Hughestrog

The only time I went on holiday to North Wales it had been raining pississtently before we got there, and the water table was above the level of the valley where we were staying. Unfortunately, the way the sewage system worked there, it seeped the liquid sewage into the ground (ie, into the water table), so we were never sure what we were paddling through. :cheers:

I have not gone back since.

If you see tourism advertising for Sunny Wales, don't believe it.

At least South Wales is less polluted now that the coal mines, coke smelters and steel plants have closed down. They've even landscaped the slag heaps. Perhaps I shall try this area one day :ph34r: ... or perhaps not. :ph34r:

The only time I went on holiday to North Wales it had been raining pississtently before we got there, and the water table was above the level of the valley where we were staying. Unfortunately, the way the sewage system worked there, it seeped the liquid sewage into the ground (ie, into the water table), so we were never sure what we were paddling through. :ph34r:

That's the water we send to England!

Still, gives you a good excuse to stay inside those warm dry pubs!

Always a good thing!!! Don't forget to visit your nearest Intergalactic Pub, the StarBars! :P Great whether you want to forget about the incessant saber rattling of a WHAPO member, or to get away from the pedantic wrangling of a Galactic Senator!!! :beer:

Don't forget Happy Hour!!!! :blink:

Alcorn the Honored One

CEO of StarBars

Always a good thing!!! Don't forget to visit your nearest Intergalactic Pub, the StarBars! cheers.gif  Great whether you want to forget about the incessant saber rattling of a WHAPO member, or to get away from the pedantic wrangling of a Galactic Senator!!! beer.gif

Don't forget Happy Hour!!!! drunk.gif

Sounds like our kind of place. Can we get a franchise? :beer:

The Eisteddfod's on at the moment so I'm expecting to see some of those Galactic Senators hanging around! Anything's possible!

Weathers gone back to the right sort for Wales- wet. But as Turok pointed out, it means you have to stay in those warm, plentyful public houses! Haven't found a Star Bars yet, but I'll keep looking this weekend!