Rolling Thunder Forums

One Way Warps

ali-t-akua

Those one-way can turn out to be pretty nasty. I've already found 3 that warp back to my core systems from another empires section of space.

Its not been bad for trade but I have this horrible fear that there is a one-way to my HW and until the 3 million ton ships shows up I'll never know about it.

so theoretically you can jump back and forth trying to get back into your homesystem? or will you go back into a totaly different one?

pathfinder jumps from sys A to sys B. tries to go to A but ends up in C. if he goes back through the same WP will he be in B or a D?

so theoretically you can jump back and forth trying to get back into your homesystem? or will you go back into a totaly different one?

pathfinder jumps from sys A to sys B. tries to go to A but ends up in C. if he goes back through the same WP will he be in B or a D?

I think that can happen, but it's been very rare so far :alien2:

Athonian I am not sure what you are asking. I assume that all warp ponts are deterministic in their endpoint. If you jump from A to B, you will go there every time. By one way I think most mean that you cannot do the reverse.

I have not heard anybody say there are statistical chances for which system your ship ends up in. That would really screw things up if you were trying to invade through a one way and your fleets kept ending up in random systems. WOuld make it easy to defend though. :alien2:

Athonian I am not sure what you are asking. I assume that all warp ponts are deterministic in their endpoint. If you jump from A to B, you will go there every time. By one way I think most mean that you cannot do the reverse.

I have not heard anybody say there are statistical chances for which system your ship ends up in. That would really screw things up if you were trying to invade through a one way and your fleets kept ending up in random systems. WOuld make it easy to defend though. :alien2:

ali-t-akua, I think that this has been posted at least once, and there is a really, really small chance of this happening. May have something to do with warp point class as well.

ali-t-akua, I think that this has been posted at least once, and there is a really, really small chance of this happening. May have something to do with warp point class as well.

True. However if I remember correctly those who have experienced this used the warp before and suffered no ill effects so there was also speculation that the ship configuration may have been part of the reason why it happened.