Rolling Thunder Forums

One Way Warps

ali-t-akua

Per Pete, all warp points are one way. The destination warp point just has a high probability of being a warp back.

This is my understanding too.

On the bright side, I have yet to find a system that doesn't have at least one way out.

Per Pete, every connected system has at least one warp point....think about it....how could it not? When you SURV a warp point it tells you the warp point in the system 'behind' the warp point.

Here is Pete's comment on one-ways:

It is also possible to find warp points that do not have a "paired" warp point that returns...effectively making it a one-way jump

I believe that the warp destinations do not change once they are surveyed except for the random event possibility first published by Ozyboym:

I just got the following result when warping for the first time through a warppoint I'd just surveyed in the previous turn:

"Your ship encounters unusual conditions as the wormhole it is traveling in becomes unstable for a few seconds. Its warp

bubble very nearly contacts the interior of the warp tunnel, but some deft maneuvering avoids this disaster and the vessel

makes it through safely. It's a harrowing experience to say the least, leaving the crew shaken but alive. However, they

doesn't show up where they expected to arrive.... Morale plummets when they figure they might never see home again, but the

crew has gained some valuable experience."

As it says in the message, my ship is now in a system different from where I expected it to be. Its now at a black hole with no planets but 8 exit warppoints.

I also firmly believe that all systems were given coordinates at The Creation and that warp points were assigned to every system before the game started. There is however, a possiblity that a SURV order randomly picks out a system to connect to, which in turn, hard codes the systems together (1 or 2-way)from that point forward. I try not to think of that possiblity too much :lol: