Rolling Thunder Forums

Celebration of Grand Admiral Prestor Hahn

Gjorhaan

Indeed.  Gjor'haan, I think having 10mm tons of war fleet over your HW has made you sentimental!  ;)

I'm just glad I'm in my nice, peaceful neck of the woods.  Thanks for posting the description of this battle though.  I'm sure the full report would be a darn good read.

-LX

You have a 10mm fleet?!?!?!?! Wow, even we aren't that small...

Very small indeed Lord Xaar, we've actually had 50 divisions on your homeworld for 3 months now but your army refuses to stand still on the parade ground long enough for us to call down a fire missions on his nearest boot.

Damian

Oh, that's why our toes have been itching so badly. We thought it was a nasty case of athlete's foot.

Thicker socks, all around. :huh:

-LX

Oh, that's why our toes have been itching so badly. We thought it was a nasty case of athlete's foot.

Thicker socks, all around. 

Ever see that commerical for Lamisil? Advanced Pharmaceuticals should cure it right up!! :P:huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Sha'thar blinks, and affirms the fact. There is a Gjorhann scoutship in Gosht Khor space.

She licks her forepaw once, a nervous act. She had been getting updates from her neighbors, the Collectors. While a titanic battle raged, she and her people tried to navigate a path of peace, expansion... all for the sensation of sun on flanks, the rush of the hunt and the iron-tinged taste of prey successfully taken in the hunting feilds of home.

That was all she wanted for her people, really. The kind of peace which allows you to raise cubs and hunt. The kind of peace the Gosht Kohr had before the great wars of unification. Is peace escaping her the way a young buck escapes an old lioness? She can almost feel her clawtips brush through its fur. So close.

She peers out over the the city, the warm wind filling her nostrils with the scent of grass, prey... and the tinge of the great industrial centers beyond the mountains. She glances once again at the battle reports from the Collectors, and thinks of the pacts so recently signed. Will they protect her huntesses... her cubs?

Claws tap on marble as she turns from the balcony and pads to a terminal. Schematics for the new 'Cougar's Pride' class of cruisers floats in holographic space. All previous warships, space weaponry built by flatland predators, are obsolete in comparison. She knows that it's only a portent of things to come. Starship design is now driven by reports from the Collectors. And other, stranger sources.

Maybe there is hope, she thinks.

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to Sha'thar the Huntress, the Zend and Bon-Bon Kings , to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, present the following address:

I address you as a collective as you seem allied with the wounded Dro'ja (duck) of the region. We foresee several attempts to breach Chadwik. Be praised the servants of Gjo'jaol are better organized and heavily defended. We await your salvation: 'collectively' or piece-meal.

To the rattled Sha'thar:

Glades, not politics, are the best grounds for a huntress.

Interference in my inevitible conversion of the resource-starved Collectors will only endanger your cubs further. Unlike the Zend or the Bon-Bon Things, I have spared your defenseless colony fleet from destruction. Do not burden your engineers with obsolete designs. I have the ability to reach Nikandr in a single turn, with forces beyond the presage of the Collectors.

The wise leader knows whom to seek protection. Have you made the right decision? Gjo'jaol still has an ear for you, Sha'thar, but not even His loftiest servant can predict His patience.

To the Zend and Bon-Bon Kings:

Had any of you sought Gjo'jaol for guidance, you would have thought to defend your now oblitereated colony vessels. The Zend, in particular, oppress their colonies in the system of Opportune with negligent protection! Opportune indeed, to liberate the innocent from an empire blind to Gjo'jaol's blessed vision.

In short, you are all naive to think the failed assault by the Collectors rendered our fleets incapable of enforcing Gjo'jaol's divine command.

• 4 weeks later...

To the leaders of the Gjor'haan;

As I stated in the private message I sent to you, your lone scout ship is approaching sensative Gosht Kohr space. We urge you to reconsider your ship's curent trajectory. We hope your purpose is not to discover further Gosht Kohr colonies.

The best thing for your scout vessil to do would be to return to Nikandr, and then proceed from that System to your home territories.

Continued pursuit of the unarmed colony vessils you appear to be following could lead to misunderstandings.

-Sha'thar

Elder-Huntress, Wearer of the Skins of the Hunt, The Quick-Pawed and Sharp-Fanged, of the Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr