Rolling Thunder Forums

ORB results

Eldred

I would just ignore the phantom sites.

1.  They can only HELP, not hinder

2.  They play no practical role other than giving you extra places from which things might be found.

3.  You aren't being hurt.

I don't see what the big deal is, frankly.  Relax and enjoy the game.  :drunk:

Isn't the big deal that my chances of getting further exploration hits diminish in proportion with the amount of stuff already found (even if I haven't actually found the stuff but the program thinks I have). My EXPL hits on some of these worlds are falling off dramatically so frankly I am a little concerned :cheers:

2.  They play no practical role other than giving you extra places from which things might be found.

I don't see what the big deal is, frankly.  Relax and enjoy the game.  :drunk:

This is correct. The number of different sites don't hinder your EXPL chances (they do open up the possibility of receiving different results on a successful mission) - the number of times you have successfully scoured that world for something can slowly degrade the chances of finding something else. Eventually you'll hammer a world down to a minimum EXPL chance, but it takes a long time. If maximum EXPL hits are important, you'd need to move to a different world, or just leave your archaeological dig sites as is and simply add new worlds to the list.

This is not the only factor in determining EXPL success rate, but successful hits on a world rather than the number of different EXPL sites is used in the formula.

Thanks Pete, that's another misunderstanding put to rights! I'll stop moaning about odd ORB results now and take Octagon's advice :laugh:

I don't see what the big deal is, frankly.  Relax and enjoy the game.  :woohoo:

This is correct. The number of different sites don't hinder your EXPL chances (they do open up the possibility of receiving different results on a successful mission) - the number of times you have successfully scoured that world for something can slowly degrade the chances of finding something else. Eventually you'll hammer a world down to a nimimum EXPL chance, but it takes a long time. If maximum EXPL hits are important, you'd need to move to a different world, or just leave your archaeological dig sites as is and simply add new worlds to the list.

This is not the only factor in determining EXPL success rate, but successful hits on a world rather than the number of different EXPL sites is used in the formula.