Rolling Thunder Forums

seeking reassurance :)

rotor911

Hello!

I'm preparing my first turn and I'd like to be sure that if

- I dismantle my fission plants

- then I build hydroelectric intallations

- the constuction material of the plants will be available to build the hydroelectric intallations

- I don't need available power to build installations :cheers:

- the hydroelectric installations will work immediately and I'll have power for buiding thing this turn and not the next.

All of the points above look obvious after reading the rules but given the possible consequences if I missed some detail :) , I'd appreciate a confirmation by experienced players. TIA

Assuming you DISM the old plants before CON'ing the new ones, and don't make any mistakes, it'll work O.K. It is kind of ugly if you end up without power for a turn.

I assume you know how much power the Hydro plants will produce and are building the necessary number of them.

Thanks! I must still check that I have 10 pops available (20 hydro to replace 10 fission) but it shouldn't be (hopefully!) a problem.

If you're not absolutely certain of the power that each Hydro plant will produce, you could always build one this turn to make sure you have it right. Running out of Power is really bad :) If you're sure, then you're all set - you can DISM and then CON using the Construction Materials and now-unemployed pop gained from the DISM. Power is not needed for the CON to work, just for the Installations themselves (if they use Power) to function during end turn adjustments.

This is a particularly nice strategy if you have a good Hydro (or Geo) Potential on your HW. You can get a lot of CM through the DISM/CON. You can still do it even w/o a good yield, but then you are spending more CM to gain the safety of using Hydro instead of Fission plants. Has anyone heard of a Fission Plant melting down yet? :)

If you are going to 20 Hydros from 10 Fissions I would guess you don't have a good Hydro yield.

-LX

If you are going to 20 Hydros from 10 Fissions I would guess you don't have a good Hydro yield.

-LX

Or want lots of extra power for a particularly well-supplied homeworld full of mines... :)

Same number of Con Mats to build?

Thanks! I must still check that I have 10 pops available (20 hydro to replace 10 fission) but it shouldn't be (hopefully!) a problem.

You get a pop increase every turn based on the reproduction rate you chose for your race. You should have at least 10 more unless your race is sterile or you are building lots of other things.

(Of course maybe all of the fission plants made you sterile which is why you want to build hydro plants. Next time try some shielding around the reactor core.)

Same number of Con Mats to build?

Right, if you have a good Hydro yield you don't need to build so many hydro plants to get the same power output. Here, assuming he is getting the same power output, he has a Hydro yield of 200. (Which isn't bad, but it's not all that great either.)

Double-check the output formula and confirm you are building the correct number of hydro plants.

-LX