Rolling Thunder Forums

Scrapping out a ship

Hi all,

I plan to SCRP out a ship and want to reuse some of the components. My question has to do with the availability of the components.

If I issue a SCRP order on my next turnsheet, I assume that it behaves as as an inverse SHIP order and that the components of the recycled ship are available at the end of the turn and hence cannot be used until the following turn. Is that assumption correct?

OR, can I issue a SCRP order at the top of the turnsheet (say order #1), then use the components in a SHIP order later in the turnsheet (say order #20)?

Thanks.

A SCRP order is precisely as you thought an inverse SHIP order. During the shipbuilding phase slips and yards are busy taking it apart and the materials will be available during the next turn.

Cheers

Locklyn

A SCRP order is precisely as you thought an inverse SHIP order. During the shipbuilding  phase slips and yards are busy taking it apart and the materials will be available during the next turn.

Cheers

Locklyn

That's assuming you have enough shipyards to deal with a ship of that size in one turn. If you're trying to SCRP a 2Mton fleet with your starting shipyards, it'll take 2 turns to finish, and THEN the parts will be available.

Hi all,

I plan to SCRP out a ship and want to reuse some of the components.  My question has to do with the availability of the components.

If I issue a SCRP order on my next turnsheet, I assume that it behaves as as an inverse SHIP order and that the components of the recycled ship are available at the end of the turn and hence cannot be used until the following turn.  Is that assumption correct?

OR, can I issue a SCRP order at the top of the turnsheet (say order #1), then use the components in a SHIP order later in the turnsheet (say order #20)?

Thanks.

The SCRP order takes the ship out of the fleet and places it in the shipyard queue. The shipyards will attempt to scrap it durig the Shipyard phase of the turn. If the ship is scrapped the componants will be available the next turn