Rolling Thunder Forums

Hurricane Katrina

hobknob

Mother Nature can be brutal at times and it looks like this storm has hit a lot of people very hard. I sincerely hope and pray that all of you in the path of Katrina are safe and sound with your loved ones and that any damage suffered was minimal.

Take care and best wishes,

Russ

Same here. Hope all works out and all are safe.

On a more selfish note, this may mean I wont have to fly to New Orleans for my friends wedding. They get to have just one wedding here in San Diego, instead of 2. Since her families house got hit pretty hard.

Some good news...

I've heard directly from Shane Landry (and from others who have passed on word - thank you!) who lives in New Orleans and he reports that he and his immediate family are safe (although some of the extended family may still be in dangerous situations). Needless to say his situation is not good on other fronts with property losses, etc. still unknown (and the prospects grim) but he is safe and for now that is enough. Let's keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

The area affected by Katrina is pretty huge and I'm sure we have some more of our gaming friends out there who are in damaged areas. If you were affected or have some news on those who were please post a note here if you get a chance so that we all know you/they are safe. The great thing about our style of gaming is the friends that you make and keep over the years - lets keep them all in our thoughts tonight.

Take care and best wishes!

Russ

Some good news...

I've heard directly from Shane Landry (and from others who have passed on word - thank you!) who lives in New Orleans and he reports that he and his immediate family are safe (although some of the extended family may still be in dangerous situations).  Needless to say his situation is not good on other fronts with property losses, etc. still unknown (and the prospects grim) but he is safe and for now that is enough.  Let's keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

The area affected by Katrina is pretty huge and I'm sure we have some more of our gaming friends out there who are in damaged areas.  If you were affected or have some news on those who were please post a note here if you get a chance so that we all know you/they are safe.  The great thing about our style of gaming is the friends that you make and keep over the years - lets keep them all in our thoughts tonight.

Take care and best wishes!

Russ

That is good to hear Russ. Unfortunately the news coming out of New Orleans is pretty grim. Our prayers are with everyone who is effected by this disaster.