Rolling Thunder Forums

Bragging rights

hobknob

How many tons of shipping do you currently have constructed  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30,000,000 tons ... <shakes head>

If you had to face our enemies, you'd have a lot of tonnage too :cheers:

Although, I'd submit that tonnage is only a small part of the equation. There's ship integrity values which are really important (if your enemy has upwards of 500 million in integrity, you know you've got grief), firepower is equally important (if you can't bring at least 40+ million to the battle, consider not showing up), and then factors like being on the defensive (can use fortresses to shore up your fleet) and fire control (depends on whether you have to face screen ships). Tonnage is nice, but there are a lot of ways to compensate.

Can you define shipping? Are you referring to all ships built or cargo ships or just cargo bays?

I took it to mean total tonnage of starships ...

However, as you and Justinian have pointed out there are multiple ways to interpret the question plus interpret the answers thereof. :taz:

Brain hurtin' now ... need beer. ;)

-SK :cheers:

The poll is not for the largest war fleet, that one is next, but for the largest fleet including anything that floats or sits on a planet.  just go to your ship design print out and do the simple math to come up with a total of ships.

:cheers:

Thanks. I did the calculation and am surprised at the result. Guess I have been busy. ;)

The poll is not for the largest war fleet, that one is next, but for the largest fleet including anything that floats or sits on a planet.  just go to your ship design print out and do the simple math to come up with a total of ships.

:cheers:

Thanks. I did the calculation and am surprised at the result. Guess I have been busy. ;)

My answer surprised me to!

Huh, guess I misunderstood the poll then as I put in the 30 mill plus as my largest warfleet...oh well...

Cheers

/Locklyn

Rome's fleet total IS our warfleet total...something about the merchant fleet buying the farm way back in the opening battles. Some day I do hope to rebuild a merchant fleet.

• 1 month later...