Rolling Thunder Forums

Threat by PA?

CLEernest

In the last edition of the SNROTE reader there was a valed threat posted that was clearly directed at the Shrike Empire. We belive it was posted by the PA, which is clearly under the false assumption that we are Allies of the IDE. This is not true. We request immeditae dipolmatic contact with an appointed representative of the PA so that we may make our intentions clear and resolve this misunderstanding. We have already contacted Lumeria but figured this may be a faster way to negotiate. If nessecary you may e-mail me at CLEernest@AOL.com.

In the last edition of the SNROTE reader there was a valed threat posted that was clearly directed at the Shrike Empire. We belive it was posted by the PA, which is clearly under the false assumption that we are Allies of the IDE. This is not true. We request immeditae dipolmatic contact with an appointed representative of the PA so that we may make our intentions clear and resolve this misunderstanding. We have already contacted Lumeria but figured this may be a faster way to negotiate. If nessecary you may e-mail me at CLEernest@AOL.com.

Have you become a threat?

Yes, it is a very strange language, but the worst part is the keyboard. It's not even in the proper order! Why would you want that! And the keys are so small that it makes it very difficult to type with feathers.

That's because the keyboard is not in English but an even more mysteriious language called QWERTY. Of course you could be in that extremely small segment who speak Dvorak but that is very rare indeed.

Hardly, I have a miniscule warfleet, only a small ammount of territory, and my up to 5th generation techs. You can guess why I'm a little worried when I think a powerful empire my be threatening (that doesn't look right, DANG I CAN"T SPELL! :taz: ) me.

Sounds like you just told the PA that you are a soft target.

Hardly, I have a miniscule warfleet, only a small ammount of territory, and my up to 5th generation techs. You can guess why I'm a little worried when I think a powerful empire my be threatening (that doesn't look right, DANG I CAN"T SPELL! :beer: ) me.

Sounds like you just told the PA that you are a soft target.

Ooops.

Thats OK. I'm sure they wouldn't attack an innocent, which is what I'm trying to prove to them I am. Actually, I understated my combat abilities. I have better weapons but not built. Also, my fleet is big enough to keep out anything but a seriouly determined invasion. The PA is a little busy with another war so I'm not to worried. I should start building some newer ships soon though, just for internal security.

Thats OK. I'm sure they wouldn't attack an innocent ....

:woohoo: Stop it, you're killing me I'm laughing so hard ... wouldn't (snicker) .. attack (snort) ... an innocent ... Ba-wa-ha-ha !!!! How can you even manage to type that without breaking into laughter .... :woohoo: Great stuff. Have you considered going into Comedy full time.....

On the words "they wouldn't attack an innocent" the camera pans up and right over the Emperor's shoulder bringing the main bridge view screen in to focus just in time to catch the flash of PA dreadnoughts transiting the warp point.

To be continued . . .

I read the original post by CLEErnest and then checked the SN reader. I didn't see any reference to Shrike or PA in the last issue, so I'm not even sure what triggered the original post. CLE, can you tell us what issue you saw this veiled threat in?

BTW, I don't think I'd go advertising that I am 'Hardley a threat' and 'I have miniscule ships'. It just invites the nastier elements of the game to take a shot at you if/when they come across a Shrike ship, which could prove costly and possibly fatal.

The intimidating message was "Families that play together should prey together." It was in the most recent issue i belive and it was posted in the rumor mill. Normally I would pay it no attention, but I have known for sometime the PA might decide to come after me.

Since my dad and I are the only family playing it was clearly directed at us. Since the PA is the only empire that has hostile relations with any postions my dad is running I assumed it was them. I was contacted by the PA and they claim it wan't them. I'm relived but I'm not sue I should sit by and do nothing. I'm concidering building large surface fortresses. I have the resources and it could not be interpreted as an aggressive action, strictly defensive.

The intimidating message was "Families that play together should prey together." It was in the most recent issue i belive and it was posted in the rumor mill. Normally I would pay it no attention, but I have known for sometime the PA might decide to come after me.

Since my dad and I are the only family playing it was clearly directed at us. Since the PA is the only empire that has hostile relations with any postions my dad is running I assumed it was them. I was contacted by the PA and they claim it wan't them. I'm relived but I'm not sue I should sit by and do nothing. I'm concidering building large surface fortresses. I have the resources and it could not be interpreted as an aggressive action, strictly defensive.

Two things. One, you are the only family that is known by those of us on the board who are playing but there could be other families whose members may not post here. Two, a pirate preys, a religious person prays, so assuming that the rumor creator spelled prey correctly, that could have an entirely different meaning. Good Luck and don't let the PAbugs bite. :D