Rolling Thunder Forums

Ghost Nine Armor

NeilGartner

I know I almost have or may already have cloak dectors. I have MkI Gravitic Sensors but it sounds like the sensor web is more built toward cloak detecion. Meanwhile I have seen no signs of cloaking in my sector of space. Still if you move fast enough you could get cloaks before other empires in your area get the nessescary sensors.

But if it's broken, what's the point. And as espionage isn't working either (is it?) it's no use as a way of dropping off a spy.

Now that the best application of this cloaking technology but using it for clandestine

survey missions comes in close second. Problem is that neither Espionage or

cloaks are working at the present time but as soon as they are Im sure we will

be notified.

Only negative thing I see is that its putting a crimp in the plans of those ultra

sneaky positions out there. ;)

I know I almost have or may already have cloak dectors. I have MkI Gravitic Sensors but it sounds like the sensor web is more built toward cloak detecion. Meanwhile I have seen no signs of cloaking in my sector of space. Still if you move fast enough you could get cloaks before other empires in your area get the nessescary sensors.

I thought it was Mass Detection Sensors that detected cloaked ships. Is that what you are referring to CL?

Ghost-Nine is a reflective armor coating that provides protection against coherent beam weapons. It has nothing to do with making the ship harder to spot and functions purely as a defensive system.

Thanks for the clarification Pete.

And General, how do you know about those Ultra Sneaky positions since they are Ultra Sneaky, hmmm? ;)

Yes I did mean the Mass sensors.

I think all you have to do to plant a spy is assing it to someone else pop group like you would any other character. It would be hard to get them there without cloaks though.

Another tempting use of cloaks is this: You discover an opposing empire with a cloaking scout, then you carefully map a route to their home system. Next you build a cloaking warfleet and move it into orbit around their home planet. The first time they even see you is when you have a 20 million ton warfleet bombing the planet and offloading troops. A bit impractical because of the precent of ships mass needed to cloak a ship with the early models, but fun to think about.