Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: Excel spread sheet question

Lord Uriel

Alright, sorry to bother you gentlmen with this, but I hope somone here can help me.

I've been using Phasedragon's spread sheets for a while with some success.

Through practise and research I *think* I can make my own.

However, I want to try and recreate something similiar to his Ship Design sheet.

On the "Design" worksheet in column "G" or "item name" he has what looks and acts like a list for each component you could put on a ship.

I just want to know how to recreate this. I know how to make a "list" but I can't seem to make one like his.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

A grateful and reformed technophobe,

Lord Uriel

I don't use Phasedragons sheet myself and since he has left the game you are likely stuck with what you have. However, I have generated several spreadsheets and may be able to help you out. Send me Phasedragons Excel sheet that you want to duplicate/copy/modify and I will see what I can do.

:ninja::woohoo:

I don't use Phasedragons sheet myself and since he has left the game you are likely stuck with what you have.  However, I have generated several spreadsheets and may be able to help you out.  Send me Phasedragons Excel sheet that you want to duplicate/copy/modify and I will see what I can do.

:ninja:  :nuke:

Hobknob,

Would you mind sharing the spreadsheets you are using? I'm somewhat of an Excel junkie and have a set of sheets I’ve developed by building on what I have found out there so far. Also I’m a visual person and have been incorporating some Visio drawings for warp links and fleet locations. I would love to take a look at what a veteran player uses.

Thank you B):woohoo:

You can open help in Excel and search for this:

"Enter data in a cell from a list you specify"

This will explain how to create a pull down list from a list of values you specify and seems to be exactly what you are looking for.

Calamaran.

You sir, rock!

I'll check this out later today (after the yard work)

Thanks,

Lord Uriel