Rolling Thunder Forums

New Printouts

I'm very happy too, as I was just discussing, the other week, with some players, on how noce it would be if all the pop groups for one world would appear together.

And then I see this.

:jawdrop:

Now (unfortunately) for the complaints...

How am I able to tell how many population I have in all my pop groups?

I can't any more, as this no longer appears for all of them?

I have several, that I need the information on this, before the next cycle, as I need to know how much stuff and people, to ship to them...?

:woohoo:

I'm very happy too, as I was just discussing, the other week, with some players, on how noce it would be if all the pop groups for one world would appear together.

And then I see this.

:jawdrop:

Now (unfortunately) for the complaints...

How am I able to tell how many population I have in all my pop groups?

I can't any more, as this no longer appears for all of them?

I have several, that I need the information on this, before the next cycle, as I need to know how much stuff and people, to ship to them...?

:woohoo:

I'm still working on some kinks in the colonial reporting displays.

Unemployed population for each population group can however be viewed currently in the Colony Report section, far right column.

Pete;

Well, if this is so, then it did not happen for my empire...

I have pop groups that aren't displayed in the 'Colony Report', but are displayed in the 'Imperial Stockpiles' section.

The ones in the 'Colony Report' do have the pop indicated where you say. However the ones in the 'Imperial Stockpiles' don't have any indication of remaining (available) population. I know that some of these do have population, as I off-loaded some into them the last turn (and they had some the turn before that.).

I verified in the 'growth / attrition' section (under the "Imperial Advisor Report: Event Summary" section), and some of these appeared, while others did not - so I do know that some grew, while others did not - but I have no indication of how much population is actually there.

If you have a pop group that doesn't have any installations built on it at all, but you have some unemployed pop there anyway, it does not currently show up on the printout. That's one of the things I'm looking into. If you need an exact unemployed count and are not otherwise able to figure it out from your last turn and this one, send me an email with your empire # and pop group # and I can forward the details that way.

If you have a pop group that doesn't have any installations built on it at all, but you have some unemployed pop there anyway, it does not currently show up on the printout.  That's one of the things I'm looking into.  If you need an exact unemployed count and are not otherwise able to figure it out from your last turn and this one, send me an email with your empire # and pop group # and I can forward the details that way.

Displaying current growth/attrition in the pop group header would be grand...

If you have a pop group that doesn't have any installations built on it at all, but you have some unemployed pop there anyway, it does not currently show up on the printout.  That's one of the things I'm looking into.  If you need an exact unemployed count and are not otherwise able to figure it out from your last turn and this one, send me an email with your empire # and pop group # and I can forward the details that way.

Displaying current growth/attrition in the pop group header would be grand...

I like them where they are, the - growths jump out for attention.

I suppose there has to be a downside, no matter how small, to everything. With the new printouts it is much more difficult to associate the mining results to a particular colony. Prior to the change it was a stright forward affair since pop groups were listed in numerical order. Now it is a bit more complicated as you may have to search through several systems, or more, to find them.

I really like the new printouts and would not wish to revert back to the old way. I hope to point out an area that may need some tweaking with the change. It is one of the unintended consequences of a good deed. :jawdrop:

I have also noticed that mining and production rarely opperate in the same order. Is there some reason for this? I would really expect it to run in numerical order, but that does not appear to be the case.

:ranting::woohoo::thumbsup:

I have also noticed that mining and production rarely opperate in the same order. Is there some reason for this? I would really expect it to run in numerical order, but that does not appear to be the case.

Until you had mentioned it, I had not noticed the difference. That is a good point and it would be good to be consistent if it is possible.

Personally I would like to see mining and production lumped together in the report so i could track the flow of meaterial for those times (which are too frequent) when I make a mistake.

Okay, Pete. Thanks.

I know you're a busy guy,  and I don't want to bother you needlessly.

I'll try and figure it out myself, then.

Heh, it's not that big of a deal on this end - I'd just need you to email me your empire # and the pop group #'s that you need unemployment #'s for so I can fill in those values and email it back.

Last night I finally had a chance to look at my game turn report properly, and I am VERY pleased with the change to the Fleet Report layout: Fuel and Cargo now shown in just one place, along with any Characters on board... . I now find it much easier to see the whole picture of my fleets and their conditions.

:cheers:

Sorting the Pop Groups into System Name order is definitely an improvement, but I miss having the Unemployed Pop shown in the Imperial Stockpiles -- Unemployed Pop plus Construction Materials immediately tells me that I can CON some more and by how much ... . I appreciate that there has been a lot of thought and effort put into these improvements, but can I be cheeky and ask for the Unemployed Pop to appear in he Imperial Stockpiles report as it did before?

:o

(Whatever you do, you'll never satisfy everyone. <sigh>)

Thanks,

Len Lorek