Rolling Thunder Forums

100 Turn Celebration

Locklyn

:cheers: If my calculations are correct, and please do correct me if I am wrong, this coming turn on friday will be the 97th turn processed, counting the setup turn for those of us that have been in the game since it's beginning. Thus it is only three more turns untill we hit the magic 100 marker. Any thoughts on celebrating this for the oldies among the crew? :cheers:

/Locklyn

:cheers: Good luck in finding any snow in Sweden in three turns time :cheers: Forecast predicts a sunny 30 degrees celsius for the midsummers eve weekend! Lots of good fun with tasty foods, dancing round the midsummer pole and tons of scantily clad women... :D Good clean living in other words! :cheers:

This is my final night shift before going on my five week paid summer vacation, there are some good things to be said about this country after all :drunk:

Here's to everyone having a great turn (excepting my enemies of course) and a great weekend (including my enemies of course) :cheers:

:cheers:

/Locklyn

Dang it! Just like the first turns of this game where Lars kept getting to important items in R&D ahead me .. now he steps up with the 100th turn. And I was JUST thinking about this last night after sending in my turns (but was to tired to post anything). :-(

I'm not certain what to do for such a milestone. Perhaps submit Pete and Russ for sainthood? What with them putting up with all of US for 100 turns without going over the edge, and still running the turns .. well, no mere mortals could have done that. :cheers:

Ah, do you remember those sweet old days when you actually believed you could run an intergalactic Empire effectively on 40 orders!? When 3 AP was really really fast and one was sure in the staying power of ones Light Beam Lasers and Standard Hull Plate :cheers: When I looked at the back turns I also realised how much I had spent on SNROE over these years and had a sudden ache in my wallet area :cheers:

/Locklyn

:D

:cheers: Good luck in finding any snow in Sweden in three turns time :cheers: Forecast predicts a sunny 30 degrees celsius for the midsummers eve weekend! Lots of good fun with tasty foods, dancing round the midsummer pole and tons of scantily clad women... :drunk: Good clean living in other words!  :cheers:

This is my final night shift before going on my five week paid summer vacation, there are some good things to be said about this country after all  :cheers:

Here's to everyone having a great turn (excepting my enemies of course) and a great weekend (including my enemies of course)  :cheers:

/Locklyn

A life without enemies would be too unreal. Just identify them first!

Ah, do you remember those sweet old days when you actually believed you could run an intergalactic Empire effectively on 40 orders!? When 3 AP was really really fast and one was sure in the staying power of ones Light Beam Lasers and Standard Hull Plate :cheers: When I looked at the back turns I also realised how much I had spent on SNROE over these years and had a sudden ache in my wallet area :cheers:

:D

/Locklyn

You sure that's not hemrhoids? :cheers:

It's 98 if you counted your setup as turn 1, if you counted it as 0, then it's 97. I counted my first turn as 1, seeing as there had been production and progress in research.

So, I have two more turns to 100! Swedes who are too involved in their state sponsored summer free time (wait, I can't critize, I'm a teacher) seem to want to insert a 0 for no valid reason.

But I have been wondering if there would be something of interest to celebrate 100 turns.

Lord Uriel

It's 98 if you counted your setup as turn 1, if you counted it as 0, then it's 97.  I counted my first turn as 1, seeing as there had been production and progress in research.

So, I have two more turns to 100!  Swedes who are too involved in their state sponsored summer free time (wait, I can't critize, I'm a teacher) seem to want to insert a 0 for no valid reason.

But I have been wondering if there would be something of interest to celebrate 100 turns. 

Lord Uriel

This argument reminds me of the start of this new milenium. Was it 01/01/2000 or 01/01/2001...

(Experiencing the Friday SN:ROTE anticipation blues....)

Octus

:) The truly neat part of that is, if we did not have turn-Friday anxiety there wouldn't be a game. If You don't care why pay to pay play?

If Pete were not getting "are they ready yet" notes he might look into pipe fitting or law or someting like that.

With a name like St Peter you can pray to him for early turns, too! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you know, the last T'ckon was adopted by the GGT and is now our Head of Research ;)

100 turns next friday!

:rolleyes:

/Locklyn