Rolling Thunder Forums

New Address?

wilson4225

Has Rolling Thunder changed its email address?  The last 2 turns I sent in both failed to arrive  :nuke: .  Emails sent to any address at rollingthunder.com come back with a message saying "connection refused".  Has anybody else had this problem or is it just my ISP?

Ive had no problems with my hotmail account sending and receiving turns to rolling thunder, if it is your ISP Id suggest you consider using one of the free email accounts just for your turns. 250mb of space to receive turns and the ability to check your turns from anywhere is a big plus :]

Miltiades :]

RTG hasn't made any email changes on this end so the address you've used in the past is valid.

If you are having trouble emailing us or getting email from us then it is most likely some sort of ISP issue (assuming that there is no spam filter, full email inbox, firewall, blacklisting, etc. problems).

It seems like this is an ongoing issue these days and at any one time there is always at least one person who is either having trouble emailing us or who we are having trouble emailing. These problems, in most cases, seem to go away after a few days when the ISPs involved figure out they've got a problem of some kind in their network, etc. and resolve it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it - different folks, different ISPs, some times it is with receiving mail, sometimes it is with sending it to us, sometimes both.

I'd recommend that you get and maintain an alternate email acct if possible (hotmail, gmail, etc. are used by a lot of folks) and use that if your primary email acct is giving you some trouble. Assuming there isn't a setting problem and it is an ISP issue experience has shown that the problem will usually clear up in a few days so you just need something to send/receive with until it clears up (If it doesn't then you might have to deal with your ISP's support, etc.). If you do keep an alternate email address it's always a good idea to let me know so I can put it in the notes for your account - in case I'm having trouble reaching you I can use the alternate, etc.

Another option is going through a friend's email acct. If your email works for them then send them the turn submission and have them forward it. They can also be set to receive your turn results so they can forward those to you. I generally know who works together and who are close friends, etc. but just in case it's a good idea to include a note to the friend from you that he can forward as well that tells me what's going on and that it is ok to accept email from him, send it to him, etc.

You can use the PM system here on the forums to contact me (although you can't submit a turn via it) as well.

I maintain a hotmail acct as an alternate too - RTGRuss@hotmail.com - and you can always use that to contact me or submit turn results. I don't check that email acct every day though so if you are going to use it then send me a PM via the forum here (or an email from a friend, etc.) and let me know to expect it. It's always best to zip compress a turn submission to my hotmail acct so please do that if you are going to use it.

Hope that all helps,

Russ

RTG hasn't made any email changes on this end so the address you've used in the past is valid. 

If you are having trouble emailing us or getting email from us then it is most likely some sort of ISP issue (assuming that there is no spam filter, full email inbox, firewall, blacklisting, etc. problems). 

It seems like this is an ongoing issue these days and at any one time there is always at least one person who is either having trouble emailing us or who we are having trouble emailing.  These problems, in most cases, seem to go away after a few days when the ISPs involved figure out they've got a problem of some kind in their network, etc. and resolve it.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it - different folks, different ISPs, some times it is with receiving mail, sometimes it is with sending it to us, sometimes both.

I'd recommend that you get and maintain an alternate email acct if possible (hotmail, gmail, etc. are used by a lot of folks) and use that if your primary email acct is giving you some trouble.  Assuming there isn't a setting problem and it is an ISP issue experience has shown that the problem will usually clear up in a few days so you just need something to send/receive with until it clears up (If it doesn't then you might have to deal with your ISP's support, etc.).  If you do keep an alternate email address it's always a good idea to let me know so I can put it in the notes for your account - in case I'm having trouble reaching you I can use the alternate, etc.

Another option is going through a friend's email acct.  If your email works for them then send them the turn submission and have them forward it.  They can also be set to receive your turn results so they can forward those to you.  I generally know who works together and who are close friends, etc. but just in case it's a good idea to include a note to the friend from you that he can forward as well that tells me what's going on and that it is ok to accept email from him, send it to him, etc.

You can use the PM system here on the forums to contact me (although you can't submit a turn via it) as well. 

I maintain a hotmail acct as an alternate too - RTGRuss@hotmail.com - and you can always use that to contact me or submit turn results.  I don't check that email acct every day though so if you are going to use it then send me a PM via the forum here (or an email from a friend, etc.) and let me know to expect it.  It's always best to zip compress a turn submission to my hotmail acct so please do that if you are going to use it.

Hope that all helps,

Russ

Some day, technology will actually work....

:python:

Octus

It seems like this is an ongoing issue these days and at any one time there is always at least one person who is either having trouble emailing us or who we are having trouble emailing.  These problems, in most cases, seem to go away after a few days when the ISPs involved figure out they've got a problem of some kind in their network, etc. and resolve it.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it - different folks, different ISPs, some times it is with receiving mail, sometimes it is with sending it to us, sometimes both.

I'd recommend that you get and maintain an alternate email acct if possible (hotmail, gmail, etc. are used by a lot of folks) and use that if your primary email acct is giving you some trouble.  Assuming there isn't a setting problem and it is an ISP issue experience has shown that the problem will usually clear up in a few days so you just need something to send/receive with until it clears up (If it doesn't then you might have to deal with your ISP's support, etc.).  If you do keep an alternate email address it's always a good idea to let me know so I can put it in the notes for your account - in case I'm having trouble reaching you I can use the alternate, etc.

Another option is going through a friend's email acct.  If your email works for them then send them the turn submission and have them forward it.  They can also be set to receive your turn results so they can forward those to you.  I generally know who works together and who are close friends, etc. but just in case it's a good idea to include a note to the friend from you that he can forward as well that tells me what's going on and that it is ok to accept email from him, send it to him, etc.

I maintain a hotmail acct as an alternate too - RTGRuss@hotmail.com - and you can always use that to contact me or submit turn results.  I don't check that email acct every day though so if you are going to use it then send me a PM via the forum here (or an email from a friend, etc.) and let me know to expect it.  It's always best to zip compress a turn submission to my hotmail acct so please do that if you are going to use it.

Hope that all helps,

Russ

:santa:

Octus

Of course you probably think the glass is half full too, dont you? :python:

:alien:

Octus

Of course you probably think the glass is half full too, dont you? :alien:

Personally, I am more of a "The glass has been over-engineered by a factor of two." sort of guy.

TErnest

Now THAT I can use in real live! The science and marketing geeks I work with will enjoy the 'engineering' reference. I just love it when recreation informs work!

And regards the half full comment, which half is full? Perhaps gravity is not the same in all parellel universes.

Octus

:)

Octus

Of course you probably think the glass is half full too, dont you? :alien:

Personally, I am more of a "The glass has been over-engineered by a factor of two." sort of guy.

TErnest

Now THAT I can use in real live! The science and marketing geeks I work with will enjoy the 'engineering' reference. I just love it when recreation informs work!

And regards the half full comment, which half is full? Perhaps gravity is not the same in all parellel universes.

Octus

The answer is both halves are full. It is not a question of gravity being different, just a matter of defining what it is full (or half full) of. :alien: