Rolling Thunder Forums

Intersting Type Systems

Prospective

I found one such system. Four asteroid belts, and nothing else. The "star" in the system is a White Hole, which might go some distance to explaining the situation. Radiation on most of those asteroid belts is a problem, especially for the ones closer in.

For the rest of you who have found systems with multiple orbits, all populated only by asteroids, do those systems display any other unusual features?

TErnest

Lumeria,

Did you do any investigation (GEO,ORB,CSV,PMAP) in any/all of these 3-4 systems? Was there anything interesting about it or was it just a typical system that is made up of only asteroid fields?

I'm hoping that there is something cool about this system. Maybe some good EXPL finds or something like that. Did you do any EXPL there? If yes, any improved results?

Lumeria,

Did you do any investigation (GEO,ORB,CSV,PMAP) in any/all of these 3-4 systems? Was there anything interesting about it or was it just a typical system that is made up of only asteroid fields?

I'm hoping that there is something cool about this system. Maybe some good EXPL finds or something like that. Did you do any EXPL there? If yes, any improved results?

Prospective,

I have done several hundred EXPL orders in the system I described. It looked to me like such a system should be furtile ground for scientific exploration. Alas, the results showed nothing special. No worse than usual, mind you, but no better either.

TErnest

Lumeria,

Prospective,

I have done several hundred EXPL orders in the system I described. It looked to me like such a system should be furtile ground for scientific exploration. Alas, the results showed nothing special. No worse than usual, mind you, but no better either.

TErnest

Did you mean 'fertile' or 'futile'? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I've found one system with 9 asteroids belts, and only asteroid belts, in "weak space," whatever that means. (Here is where Locklyn jumps in and goes: 'Ah, weak space, very interesting research results.') As with TErnest, it's a white hole.

The system is too far from anything for me to send explorers.

The system I found has 5 asteroid fields and is also around a White Hole... seems like a trend here. It is not in "weak space" however. I wonder what a White Hole has to do with creating only asteroid fields, and if there is any game significance to this.

Ok, here's another question. Has anyone ever found a planet/asteroid/moon orbiting a Black Hole, Neutron Star, Supernova, RR Lyrae Variable, Type I or II Cephid Variable, or UV Ceti Flare type star? All these seem like they might have something interesting about them but all I have found are Nexus systems, never a planet.

Jaeson is a system with 4 Deep Red stars and 3 Asteroid Fields.

Lyndon is a system with 4 Red stars, 2 Asteroid Fields, 3 Gas Giants and a Frozen Rockball way out.

Carneades is a black hole with no orbits. (The starting point for the Slith Odyssey)

I don't have fleets doing EXPL missions in any of them yet. So I don't if there are any special results there.

But I believe these are a very good place to have a pop group with the Science installations. Does anyone know how to build a Ringworld yet? The first one to Carneades wins the prize! :D

Yes...the Inngothian Hold is still out there. Thought I'd chime in on this one.

We've run across 5 systems that contain asteroids only.

1 - A single star

2 - A White Hole

1 - A Quaternary System

1 - A Binary Star System

Haven't explored them so I can't say if there's anything interesting to find in these systems or not.