Rolling Thunder Forums

Pre-loading fuel

Breoghan

Question 1 - can a ship's design include the initial full tank of fuel? Or would this be rejected as fuel is not strictly a 'component', but cargo instead?

Question 2 - I'm building a nice little supply of interceptor missiles - but I can't figure out what is needed to carry the (*%$*^%%&(*&(*^)(* things. Surely there must be a missile rack or something of that nature. I see nothing.

1) Has been discussed in the past but dismissed by Pete

2) Interceptor Missiles are a self contained weapon system thus come with their own missile launching racks. Only weapon systems that need separate launching facilities are Drones and Fighters

Cheers

/Locklyn

Answer 1: You shouldn't be able to build fuel into a design, though there is some rumors of early designs where similar things had been done. I find it easier to have a fleet with the order ressupply located at any points I feel my ships are going to need fuel.

Sir Smeg :huh:

Answer 1: You shouldn't be able to build fuel into a design, though there is some rumors of early designs where similar things had been done. I find it easier to have a fleet with the order ressupply located at any points I feel my ships are going to need fuel.

If your atmosphere at the world with the shipyards, build some tankers on XSKIM orders and SUPP orders and the ships will automatically be fueled up to the amount in the Fuel Tankage. This is as close to item #1 as you can get I believe.

Well, last time that I did this (by accident), I was able to do an NUD order and include FUEL in the design. The computer simply excluded Fuel from the final design, and approved the design. I had put in an order to build the ship right after the NUD, since materials were present. The result was a large warp capable ship with zero fuel tanks. Easy enough to take care of with a tanker design (or with extra time, scrap and rebuild). Still very annoying.

Of course Pete could have changed things since then. So past results are no guarentee of future gaming performance. :blink:

1) Has been discussed in the past but dismissed by Pete

2) Interceptor Missiles are a self contained weapon system thus come with their own missile launching racks. Only weapon systems that need separate launching facilities are Drones and Fighters

Cheers

/Locklyn

As a brief aside, the following is a list of items that require unique components for storage on board starships along with said components.

[Fighter Bay] holds all Fighter craft -- Fighters, Interceptors, Gunboats, etc.

[Drone Rack] holds all Drones

[Colonial Berthing] holds Colonists

[Troop Berthing] holds all Troop types -- Imperial Army Infantry, Fortress, Imperial Guard Armor, etc.

FWIW,

-SK :huh:

As a brief aside, the following is a list of items that require unique components for storage on board starships along with said components.

[Fighter Bay] holds all Fighter craft -- Fighters, Interceptors, Gunboats, etc.

[Drone Rack] holds all Drones

[Colonial Berthing] holds Colonists

[Troop Berthing] holds all Troop types -- Imperial Army Infantry, Fortress, Imperial Guard Armor, etc.

FWIW,

-SK :blink:

don't forget

[Fuel Tankage] holds Fuel

:huh: