Rolling Thunder Forums

Colonial Training Centers

Breoghan

A quick question - Colonial Training Centres, are these a one per colony thing, or a one per 100 colonists in a colony thing? Its none too clear in the blurb available to me. :pirate2:

Ditto the Fluid Conversion Plants.

A quick question - Colonial Training Centres, are these a one per colony thing, or a one per 100 colonists in a colony thing? Its none too clear in the blurb available to me. :pirate2:

Check the Installations Report towards the end of your turn.

Colonial Training Center 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit; build on the colony world

Fluid Conversion Plant 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Colonial Training Center 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit; build on the colony world

Making me rethink an assumption. I was assuming this only impacted incoming colonists at the 1 to 100 rate. Perhaps I am assuming too much? Why would a colonist, now a population unit, benefit from more colonist training each cycle? They now reside on the planet as a population unit.

Octus

Making me rethink an assumption. I was assuming this only impacted incoming colonists at the 1 to 100 rate. Perhaps I am assuming too much? Why would a colonist, now a population unit, benefit from more colonist training each cycle? They now reside on the planet as a population unit.

Octus

I figure that the colonists have to be continually trained.

Octus

Yep, "How many times do we have to tell you, don't go out without your helmet on, don't swim in the Ghuran demonblood pools and don't eat the yellow snow"

Ah - the simple truth behind the suggestion that one shouldn't be asking questions in the afternoon based on observations made at silly o'clock in the morning.

Octus

Yep, "How many times do we have to tell you, don't go out without your helmet on, don't swim in the Ghuran demonblood pools and don't eat the yellow snow"

Just another thing that works one way but is described in another. The description is:

Incoming colonists are trained to overcome the dangerous realities of their new homes in Colonial Training Centers. This training gives them a much better chance of survival on often harsh alien worlds. Construct the CTS on your colony world.

Since it says "Incoming", one would guess that once trained the colonists are ready to go, convert to POP, and survival is improved. But we all know that you need one CTC per 100 POP to maximize the survival bonus. Of course far fewer will work, and the overall CTC bonus is pretty small. But this is still messed up. One CTC per planet would have been a better design, given the small bonus.

Of course the same could be said for other installations. Textile Plants (+Improved and Advanced versions) all boost civilan influx (similar to boosting survival rates), with max benefits at one per 100. The descriptions say they make work clothing. So just how many pairs of work pants do your workers need?!? And providing more variety (three plants of improving grades) is supposed to really boost the influx? Are your folks workers or valley girls shopping in the mall. Come on now. :cheers:

A quick question - Colonial Training Centres, are these a one per colony thing, or a one per 100 colonists in a colony thing? Its none too clear in the blurb available to me. :cheers:

Octus

Just another thing that works one way but is described in another. The description is:

Incoming colonists are trained to overcome the dangerous realities of their new homes in Colonial Training Centers. This training gives them a much better chance of survival on often harsh alien worlds. Construct the CTS on your colony world.

Since it says "Incoming", one would guess that once trained the colonists are ready to go, convert to POP, and survival is improved. But we all know that you need one CTC per 100 POP to maximize the survival bonus. Of course far fewer will work, and the overall CTC bonus is pretty small. But this is still messed up. One CTC per planet would have been a better design, given the small bonus.

Of course the same could be said for other installations. Textile Plants (+Improved and Advanced versions) all boost civilan influx (similar to boosting survival rates), with max benefits at one per 100. The descriptions say they make work clothing. So just how many pairs of work pants do your workers need?!? And providing more variety (three plants of improving grades) is supposed to really boost the influx? Are your folks workers or valley girls shopping in the mall. Come on now. :blink:

Valley Girls

I mean the universe is like so awesome. Just totally. :pirate2:

A quick question - Colonial Training Centres, are these a one per colony thing, or a one per 100 colonists in a colony thing? Its none too clear in the blurb available to me. :cheers:

Octus

Of course the same could be said for other installations. Textile Plants (+Improved and Advanced versions) all boost civilan influx (similar to boosting survival rates), with max benefits at one per 100. The descriptions say they make work clothing. So just how many pairs of work pants do your workers need?!? And providing more variety (three plants of improving grades) is supposed to really boost the influx? Are your folks workers or valley girls shopping in the mall. Come on now. :blink:

Until you research Mk I Ditropan (a pharmacologic agent available after Mk X Medical and Mk V Pharmacetical Research Institute horizon techs), your colonists have a terrible incontinence problem. Hence the need for a steady supply of clothing, especially plastic pants and diapers..........

Super absorbant anyone? :pirate2:

(Rumor has it, this gets much worse once the mead ships arrive at your colony.)

• 1 month later...
Until you research Mk I Ditropan (a pharmacologic agent available after Mk X Medical and Mk V Pharmacetical Research Institute horizon techs), your colonists have a terrible incontinence problem. Hence the need for a steady supply of clothing, especially plastic pants and diapers..........

Super absorbant anyone? :)

That was just one batch that some joker tainted with Olestra. It isn't our fault your species is particularly susceptible to anal leakage. Besides, you got a full refund and a free case of our finest. We stand behind our product and will not see it slandered to the galaxy at large. :D

Krelnett will stand behind his product, but this obvserver (looker?) would prefer not to stand behind (beside,around, or near) any one dirinking "alli" spiked mead. :wub::o Especially on buffalo wings night or free fatback fridays at the local Starbar. Fridays are for looking for your turns. :):D:D

Super absorbant anyone? :)

That was just one batch that some joker tainted with Olestra. It isn't our fault your species is particularly susceptible to anal leakage. Besides, you got a full refund and a free case of our finest. We stand behind our product and will not see it slandered to the galaxy at large. :D

Species engineering has the leakage thing on high priority. The Imperium has started to stink up a few colony worlds and the aroma on the hot ones is not enjoyable. They are also considering reductions in the aroma sensing capabilities.

Of course, defensive combat bonuses will drop once the leakage effort is complete, but it may be a small price to pay.

Octus

Super absorbant anyone? :D

Species engineering has the leakage thing on high priority. The Imperium has started to stink up a few colony worlds and the aroma on the hot ones is not enjoyable. They are also considering reductions in the aroma sensing capabilities.

Of course, defensive combat bonuses will drop once the leakage effort is complete, but it may be a small price to pay.

Octus

Ahhh .. finally an answer for the need for all the textile plants. I suspect that after a typical "About Face, Aim, prepare matches .... fire!" defensive manuveur that, well, there would be a need for some series patching or new garments, meaning you need a huge textile industry. That, or lower moral standards. :)

Super absorbant anyone? :wub:

That was just one batch that some joker tainted with Olestra. It isn't our fault your species is particularly susceptible to anal leakage. Besides, you got a full refund and a free case of our finest. We stand behind our product and will not see it slandered to the galaxy at large. B)

Octus

Ahhh .. finally an answer for the need for all the textile plants. I suspect that after a typical "About Face, Aim, prepare matches .... fire!" defensive manuveur that, well, there would be a need for some series patching or new garments, meaning you need a huge textile industry. That, or lower moral standards. :laugh:

We have developed some interesting textiles: ultimate absorbant, supremely non-absorbant, flame resistant level IX, etc.

On the plus side, we wash out poor recruits very quickly. Let's just say if they can't maneuver their tails adequately, they don't last in this Imperium's army. Alas, they also don't make very good starship crewmembers either. Perhaps the Fanatics research will find a place for them.

Octus