Rolling Thunder Forums

From Lord Uriel's wife.

Lord Uriel

On Friday it was made abundently clear to me that my husband has nothing to look forward to in life except for his all consuming game turns. When he informed me of this, I tried to comfort him with the knowledge that he also had my smiling face to wake up to every morning. In an attempt to start today off well I woke up multiple times with the hopes of my smiling face being the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes.

I thought I was successful, but it was immediatly apparent that he was despondent over not having his game turns. After getting up, he immediately went to his computer with pathetic hopes that by some act of god, his game turns would be in. As we all know ..., they were not. Since he has nothing else to live for, he had to check anyway.

Following his fruitless attempt to retrieve his game turns he emerged from his study acting snippy. He then informed me that he had a horrible headache and proceeded to take an unusually long shower. He sulked around the house for quite a while and then he went to work.

One would think that MY game turn hell would be over. However, Lord Uriel, found it necessay to call me at home to beg me to check for his game turns. I refused. When my husband came home from work, he once again checked for his game turns. Still not there, he proceeded to mumble to himself with disbelief and frustration about his non-exsistent game turns. I have now come to realize that my husband is not truly happy unless he has his loving wife ... no, his game turns.

In conclusion "thank you Pete" for giving me wonderful insight into my marriage.

P.S. My husband and I were married this past October. My husband had informed me prior to the wedding that I was lucky our wedding did not land on game turn day or he may be late or not be fully present due to these wonderful game turns. I guess I picked the right day because now I have my husband and his game turns til death do us part "I'm not to sure how long that will be." :jawdrop::angry2:

Thank you,

Lord Uriel's wife: Empress Cha Cha

Since I'm single, I'm afraid my comments would only make matters worse.

So instead I'll say - Congratulations on your healthy and understanding relationship!

:jawdrop:

Are you sure that you do not have your causality reversed? :unsure:

Those comments are tempted to make may very well explain why you are single. :angry2:

TErnest

:blink:

P.S. My husband and I were married this past October. My husband had informed me prior to the wedding that I was lucky our wedding did not land on game turn day or he may be late or not be fully present due to these wonderful game turns. I guess I picked the right day because now I have my husband and his game turns til death do us part "I'm not to sure how long that will be." :ranting::angry2:

Thank you,

Lord Uriel's wife: Empress Cha Cha

Hmmm ... empires can die, which would solve the whole "til death do us part" thing. You could probably even take the old turns, print them and all the rules, and bury them with a nice tombstone. Nothing too ostentatious of course. Maybe something in pink granite, about 2 feet high with carved garlands and angels (and a picture of the mythical race that died). Add a little vase to the side for annual lilies. Just a simple reminder of what was. Then everyone could move on.

Of course I am NOT suggesting that all those people bordering on Lord Uriel's worlds carry out any sort of actions against any of his worlds. Nope. Not me. No way. That wouldn't be right of course. :jawdrop: I'm just saying if they every should die, for whatever reason, well, some folks might even consider that a positive. :unsure: Not me of course. I'm not that type of person. ;)

Since I'm single, I'm afraid my comments would only make matters worse.

So instead I'll say - Congratulations on your healthy and understanding relationship!

:cheers:

Are you sure that you do not have your causality reversed? :unsure:

Those comments are tempted to make may very well explain why you are single. :P

TErnest

Is it really that obvious? :laugh:

I'm so transparent, you can see right through me!

Hey guys!

Actually the misses is pretty understanding of of my hobbies. She was just a little tired of me mopping (sp?) around last turn cycle when they were delayed.

When I was designing my first race she joked about designing a race of zombie gnats and finding a way to destroy me. :laugh:

Silly lady!