Rolling Thunder Forums

We will never Surrender!!

Told you so ;) Get some allies and get them to blast them out of your sky.

hasnt started the bombing as of yet. but by the time they do arrive we will be ready. :) silly things like atomics will have little effect. they need to be something much much larger. :)

Something like NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers, in theory of course, assuming they even exist..... ;)

They do exist but have some unfortunate constrictions in how you use them on a world. The best use for the Planetcracker is when you are building a ring world or dyson sphere for the materials needed or when you have a really sucky world you can't be bothered to use ICE-4 on. The Nova Inducer on the other hand is similar and by far the most expensive thing I've seen in the game, although destroying an enemies home system isn't quite as fun as making his resources work for you and trampling the civilian populace with occupying... ahem... liberating peacekeeping troops now is it?

Cheers

/Locklyn

They do exist but have some unfortunate constrictions in how you use them on a world. The best use for the Planetcracker is when you are building a ring world or dyson sphere for the materials needed or when you have a really sucky world you can't be bothered to use ICE-4 on. The Nova Inducer on the other hand is similar and by far the most expensive thing I've seen in the game, although destroying an enemies home system isn't quite as fun as making his resources work for you and trampling the civilian populace with occupying... ahem... liberating peacekeeping troops now is it?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Sigh ... I remember a little cut scene in the game Masters of Orion II. Once you researched this super weapon you would have the choice of invading or destroying a planet. When you selected destroy, a cut scene would run where a weapons bay door on your ship slowly opens. This massive beam fires, piercing the blue-green world. As it continues to fire the planet breaks up and explodes from the inside out, leaving a debris cloud.

That's what I want in this game.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Sigh ... I remember a little cut scene in the game Masters of Orion II. Once you researched this super weapon you would have the choice of invading or destroying a planet. When you selected destroy, a cut scene would run where a weapons bay door on your ship slowly opens. This massive beam fires, piercing the blue-green world. As it continues to fire the planet breaks up and explodes from the inside out, leaving a debris cloud.

OK Darth WKE. :)

Cheers

/Locklyn

OK Darth WKE. :pirate2:

I was under the impression that Vader was not the one who so easily wiped out civilians. It was the emperor who seemed to be so flippant with the death star. The end result is the same, however.

:););):nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::)

Cheers

/Locklyn

The best bit if I remember was that you could then turn the resulting asteroid belt back into a planet, if you had the tech. Or was that Imperium Galactica ?

Mk I to Mk IV Stellar Converters please Pete, oh go on then make them spinal Type A to D if you insist. Watch him make Neutronium a pre-req.

Cheers

/Locklyn

The best bit if I remember was that you could then turn the resulting asteroid belt back into a planet, if you had the tech. Or was that Imperium Galactica ?

Mk I to Mk IV Stellar Converters please Pete, oh go on then make them spinal Type A to D if you insist. Watch him make Neutronium a pre-req.

Yes, the Stellar Converter. Lovely little weapon. And I do remember building planets from the debris. What was funny is you often got a better planet back than the one destroyed. Ahh, that could add fun to the game. Remember, I'm destroying your planet not to hurt you, but, to build a better one in it's place. :)

Cheers

/Locklyn

Yes, the Stellar Converter. Lovely little weapon. And I do remember building planets from the debris. What was funny is you often got a better planet back than the one destroyed. Ahh, that could add fun to the game. Remember, I'm destroying your planet not to hurt you, but, to build a better one in it's place. :)

They will have to wind up using such a weapon as these bad hombres just achieved Tkcon Imperal Powered Assault Armor. very very nice close combat strenght and a few other tac mods to add to your every day

infantry solider. Hey Spree better bring your buddies in a ground fight.. your going to need legions of them. !! Also the longer you wait to invade the stronger we will become. Even our lowly outlying colony

with a mere 5 didvisions destroyed an invading force of 24 with no losses incurred.

Off topic..

seriously folks with a 12.25 value for casualty purposes an invading army will need to inflict enough damage

on 200 of our troops to destroy 2450 of them. Thats no easy task and we have more then 200 and growing fast!

The Stellar Converter was also the antagonist's weapon in "Battle Beyond the Star." Which was basically Roger Corman filming "7 Samauri in Spaaaaaaace" on a budget.

A must-see film, right up there with Star Crash.

I remember that one, had john-boy in it. Remember they also used the ship footage in another film (B movie). His ship looked like a woman body if memory serves, sans head which was a bit freaky to be honest

The Stellar Converter was also the antagonist's weapon in "Battle Beyond the Star." Which was basically Roger Corman filming "7 Samauri in Spaaaaaaace" on a budget.

A must-see film, right up there with Star Crash.

I remember that one, had john-boy in it. Remember they also used the ship footage in another film (B movie). His ship looked like a woman body if memory serves, sans head which was a bit freaky to be honest

Yes, that's the one. Only I always thought that John-Boy's ship looked more like a uterus, complete with fallopian tubes.

Favorite line from Battle Beyond the Stars: "You've never seen a Valkyrie go down!"

Favorite line from Star Crash: "The nuclear exhaust ports have been gutted by fire!"