Rolling Thunder Forums

Tech tree info and player aids

I am a newer player and was wondering if there were still any active veteran players who were willing to share some of the tech tree info. I saw posts on here in regards to it, but most of them are fairly old so wasn't sure if the offers were still open. Also are there any player aids designed to keep track of planetary scan info that anyone has made and would be willing to share?

I am a newer player and was wondering if there were still any active veteran players who were willing to share some of the tech tree info. I saw posts on here in regards to it, but most of them are fairly old so wasn't sure if the offers were still open. Also are there any player aids designed to keep track of planetary scan info that anyone has made and would be willing to share?

Welcome to the game!

Well, here's the situation regarding tech trees. Information in this game is power. Tech trees, star system names, battle reports, random offhand comments by players and disinformation are all part of the game.

You might get lucky and find a group willing to share with a new player. However, as a new player you have little to share which hurts your options.

Lord Deependra (I think), was new himself and wanted to find information as well. He lucked out and found a neutral with some very high tech items and was able to trade with other players for some tech. Explore, try to find neutrals.

Empire management at first, is easy, but as things progress you will need some sort of spreadsheet or some other database. A former player called Phasedragon had some amazing stuff, but he dropped and his stuff no longer works for a variety of reasons.

Read the boards. Check on the posts from players like Cestvel, Prospective, Eternus (even though he's gone as well) and a few others who have asked or answered a lot of questions.

Lord Uriel

One hint. Look for Phasedragon's spreadsheet post (you'll have to dig), He has a group of spreadsheets that are old, and some data is no longer accurate, but it does have tech info and a usable (but no longer entirely accurate) ship design sheet.

Welcome to the game!

Well, here's the situation regarding tech trees. Information in this game is power. Tech trees, star system names, battle reports, random offhand comments by players and disinformation are all part of the game.

You might get lucky and find a group willing to share with a new player. However, as a new player you have little to share which hurts your options.

Lord Deependra (I think), was new himself and wanted to find information as well. He lucked out and found a neutral with some very high tech items and was able to trade with other players for some tech. Explore, try to find neutrals.

Empire management at first, is easy, but as things progress you will need some sort of spreadsheet or some other database. A former player called Phasedragon had some amazing stuff, but he dropped and his stuff no longer works for a variety of reasons.

Read the boards. Check on the posts from players like Cestvel, Prospective, Eternus (even though he's gone as well) and a few others who have asked or answered a lot of questions.

Lord Uriel

One hint. Look for Phasedragon's spreadsheet post (you'll have to dig), He has a group of spreadsheets that are old, and some data is no longer accurate, but it does have tech info and a usable (but no longer entirely accurate) ship design sheet.

Woohoo, I'm famous! :angry2:

While PhaseDragon is gone, his website lives on

http://members.cox.net/phasedragon/index.html

Although the data is incomplete (and sometimes inaccurate), it gives a good starting point. And you would be amazed at how much data is contained in all the space and ground battle reports that are posted. Of course, a lucky high tech find doesn't hurt either.

Lord Deependra