Rolling Thunder Forums

Multilateral Talks Concerning First Contact

The Boo Consulate

How do you intend/deal with first contact?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hobnob was probably led astray by the opening sentence of the Rule Book:

"SuperNova: Rise of the Empire, or SN:ROTE, is an interactive game of galactic conquest, colonization and exploration based on the highly popular SuperNova system."

:lol:

If we wanted truth in advertising it should probably read:

SuperNova: Rise of the Empire, or SN:ROTE, is an interactive game of galactic conquest, slow colonization, slower research, partial scientific realism, ship component trade, mind numbing logistics and exploration loosely based on the highly popular SuperNova system.

:thumbsup:

Yes, I fondly remember the days of SNII when you could build a drone frigate on turn 1 and have it out blowing up pathfinders on the next turn. Times when it was a serious race to find your neighbor before he found you and not really worrying about tech too much. Times when you could find a neutral that increased your production base by 5-15% after you conquered them, if you could actually land that is. If you WANTED to be belligerant you could be rather easily.

I really like the way the galaxy opperates so far, I just wish we could be testing out all of the defensive improvements and not just thoerizing about them. Lacking any contact my most heavily armed ship is an explorer with odd weapons hoping for the right combo to get a good ( read any ) find.

I think what has led me astray the most is all of the players that I know are sitting around me playing turtle or having dropped. I was seriously expecting to be making the first contact with neighbors all around by 6-7 months in. Still, at the aniversary mark the alien sighting tally is 0. Perhaps the next year will see some contact or maybe even an evil alien fleet of death machines or something. :thumbsup:

I suppose my need for mayhem will have to be satisfied with a quick game of Victory.