Rolling Thunder Forums

The real reason Pathfinders pop so easily

Krelnett_of_Kraan

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/1...pathfinder.html

What do you expect from a spaceship made out of plastic bricks?

Frightening, but it is nearly Halloween here in the States.

Hmmm, I sure hope Pete hasn't been spending too much time with the Legos.

Thanks for sharing how creative some folks can be.

Octus

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/1...pathfinder.html

What do you expect from a spaceship made out of plastic bricks?

I've always known the Krelthor Shipyard owners were skimming some money from the construction budgets. But I never realized they were substituting plastic for the 1,200 Standard Hull we had ordered. Those pathfinders appear to be death traps wrapped in plastic like that!

And now that I look closer, it looks like that .. yes .. those patterns on the screens in front of crew in the bridge picture are familar. Oh my god ... those look like the screen savers from the Maze and bouncing triangles from Windows 3.1. Damnit, where is the MK I Computer I ordered attached to 10 MK I Short range sensors? Instead I get what look like Dells with Windows 3.1 showing a kalidescopic triangle or maze on the screens trying to simulate the sensors? Heads are gonna roll on this, not doubt about it!

Personally, I think a Lego starship is high-tech rather than low. Lego lets you re-design the ship quickly to meet the need of the mission of battle. Meet an enemy fleet with low fire control? Break the ship down into a swarm of fighters. Develop more advanced technology? Just re-arrange a few bricks and its installed. Ships damaged in battle? Disassemble damaged ships for whole bricks to build a fresh battleship.

Now to find the path to 1st Generation Lego Construction...