Rolling Thunder Forums

Tugs

Octus Imperium

Well, some colonies are now large enough to deserve , <ahem>, 'welcoming committees' at their warp points. So now that our towing package is being installed on our Mk IV Space SUV, we've decided to tow such committee structures into place.

Since I don't see a TUG order in the supplement, does one just have sufficient towing in the fleet of orbital installations, move to the desired location and then transfer the committee's orbital into a new fleet at said location? Or is there another way this gets done. Just trying to avoid (more) order errors.

Octus

Well, some colonies are now large enough to deserve , <ahem>, 'welcoming committees' at their warp points. So now that our towing package is being installed on our Mk IV Space SUV, we've decided to tow such committee structures into place.

Since I don't see a TUG order in the supplement, does one just have sufficient towing in the fleet of orbital installations, move to the desired location and then transfer the committee's orbital into a new fleet at said location? Or is there another way this gets done. Just trying to avoid (more) order errors.

Octus

Yep, just put the tug in the fleet and MOVE.

Octus

That's the way I do it although if you want to move more "welcome wagons" into position, you need to move the tug back to its starting location. :thumbsup:

Going to all that trouble to meet and greet visitors to your colonies? I'm humbled. And impressed. Here was I thinking that the lesson was that we couldn't trust anyone outside of our own close circle of allies, yet you seem to be welcoming them with open arms. Yes, truly impressive.

I can just picture the swaying grass skirts and waving tentacles, Hawaian leis in abundance, together with synthesized plucking on guitars filling the air......

Do you have decorative blast cannons of bygone years dotted about here and there to lend an air of history; of more troubled times? I hear they are a big tourist draw.

If there are orbitals in a fleet - then the total tractor power of all tractor beams and magnetic grapples in the fleet is summed up and compared to the sum total tonnage of all orbitals in the fleet. If greater than or equal, then the fleet is allowed to execute NM and MOVE commands.

Unfortunately, I don’t know any way to execute a WARP command with orbitals in the fleet. Has anyone tried this with a stable wormhole?

If there are orbitals in a fleet - then the total tractor power of all tractor beams and magnetic grapples in the fleet is summed up and compared to the sum total tonnage of all orbitals in the fleet. If greater than or equal, then the fleet is allowed to execute NM and MOVE commands.

Unfortunately, I don’t know any way to execute a WARP command with orbitals in the fleet. Has anyone tried this with a stable wormhole?

Ships without engines such as orbitals and surfaces forts cannot enter a stable wormhole. any attempt to do so will fail.

Going to all that trouble to meet and greet visitors to your colonies? I'm humbled. And impressed. Here was I thinking that the lesson was that we couldn't trust anyone outside of our own close circle of allies, yet you seem to be welcoming them with open arms. Yes, truly impressive.

I can just picture the swaying grass skirts and waving tentacles, Hawaian leis in abundance, together with synthesized plucking on guitars filling the air......

Do you have decorative blast cannons of bygone years dotted about here and there to lend an air of history; of more troubled times? I hear they are a big tourist draw.

We are a very friendly race. So friendly, in fact, that we have freshly painted, state of the art weaponry on display. As facilities age, they will develop that historical perspective. But to keep visitor experiences fresh and entertaining, we plan on adding newly updated examples of some of our more interesting/advanced/capable technologies on a regular basis. Repeat visitors will always be thrilled with a new experience, no matter how brief their visit may be.

We encourage StarBar locations on the other side of the warp point. Helps visitors to be primed for the experience.....

< OOC: Thanks for the clarification from all contributors to this thread.>

Octus