Rolling Thunder Forums

Wormhole Construction and destruction

Locklyn

Pete (or anyone else that knows)

Since SWGs are hardcoded, if you wish to destroy an enemy link permanently, is it enough to just destroy the planet since this leaves you with an asteroid field (is the link still active although it is no longer a planetary body) or do you need to destroy the entire system making it a nexii?

Have good turn processing!

Cheers

/Locklyn

Pete (or anyone else that knows)

Since SWGs are hardcoded, if you wish to destroy an enemy link permanently, is it enough to just destroy the planet since this leaves you with an asteroid field (is the link still active although it is no longer a planetary body) or do you need to destroy the entire system making it a nexii?

Have good turn processing!

Cheers

/Locklyn

:cheers:

You know, sometimes I find the amount of power that this guy, Locklyn, talks about throwing around to a bit... :( ... unnerving.

:thumbsup::cheers:;)

TErnest

Actually one doesn't throw it around as much as with great effort and much strain push it in the right direction and I'm pretty sure it isn't in your direction :thumbsup:

Wormholes are getting pretty common and sometimes when on a forward momentum offensive, you can't take the time to stop and capture every wormhole, especially reckoning that the enemy has probably put troops on it, I know I have both PSGs and divisions on all colonies holding WGs. And if you capture it, you have to leave troops behind etc etc...I prefer a Rolling Thunder approach to combat and leave the scorched earth behind...the only reason I am still in the Hellenic System is that he must have totally insane high numbers in resources after his liberal early use of DCS and I want that planet or at least that one of my allies is holding it so I can free up resources for my other fronts...problem with exploring is that the GGTs initial analysis of space was correct : Its big and full of things that want to eat you so ensure you're armed better than them

Cheers and good turns to you TErnest

/Locklyn

Just remember, some of those wormholes and gates and used by the HBOB to deliver tasty liquid refreshments to your war weary soldiers and sailors, so don't destroy them all. Cheers! :cheers::thumbsup:;)

Of course we usually cloak the ones we use..... :cheers:

Ah, so that's what all the Planetary Distortion Field Generators are for that I see popping up everywhere :thumbsup:

/Locklyn

Ah, so that's what all the Planetary Distortion Field Generators are for that I see popping up everywhere :cheers:

/Locklyn

Hey, we have to keep our secret trade routes a secret somehow! How else could we deliver our goods so quickly all over the universe? :cheers: Oh, well there is one other way..... :thumbsup:;)

Oh, well there is one other way..... :thumbsup::cheers:

Yeah but that means losing a ship every now and then though, but at least they vanish happily drunk!

/Locklyn