Rolling Thunder Forums

SMR cost to leave a Island Port

Warmaster

I know that when I am in a sea Zone and enter an adjacent port their is ZERO SMR cost.

What is the SMR cost to say leave xMalta and enter MED17. IS this Zero cost (you are effectively already in the sea zone) or does this cost 2 SMR.

I have learned the hard way when leaving xMalta that MED 17 MUSt be listed first you can't go straight from xAzores to say MED13.

Would this also mean leaving xAzores cost 3 SMR to enter MED32?

Warmaster,

Yes, you will have to pay to enter the first seazone when leaving a portcity.

Not only for islands, but also for all the other portcities.

So, Leaving xAzores to MED32 costs you 3 SMR.

Hope this helps.

Norbert

Norbert is right except MID32 only cost 2 SMR as it is a coastal zone and not a sea zone.

I found that out when Norbert attacked azores with his marines.

I left azores unprotected in the beleif that MID32 was a sea zone and marines can only attack from coastal zones, therefore I was safe from attack.

How wrong was I?

I'll never do that again.

That is what this game is all about.

Lot's of trail and even more error.

All makes it the interesting game it is.

Paul

MID32 is in the atlantic and is NOT a restricted seazone; It costs 3 SMR to enter.

MED32 is in de mediteranian...

Mixed these two up, apparently... when making my reply...

Marines landing on a coast do not have any restriction. The landingships need to be able to enter the seazone where you want to land... When there is land, marines can go ashore!

Bermuda and SAT6 are another example of a deepseazone and a possible landing site...

Hope this helps,

Norbert

MID32 is in the atlantic and is NOT a restricted seazone; It costs 3 SMR to enter.

MED32 is in de mediteranian...

Mixed these two up, apparently... when making my reply...

Marines landing on a coast do not have any restriction. The landingships need to be able to enter the seazone where you want to land... When there is land, marines can go ashore!

Bermuda and SAT6 are another example of a deepseazone and a possible landing site...

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Hi Frank

You sent me scurrying for my rule book.

Haven’t had to do that for a while.

There is a note in OMN AA that says:

The last sea zone the force enters must be a restricted sea zone that is adjacent to the target location.

I took this as meaning coastal zone therefore being 2 SRM.

Where is the differentiation?

Anyway after reading that note I took it for granted that Marines could not attack azores and hence my lose.

Paul

The last sea zone the force enters must be a restricted sea zone that is adjacent to the target location.

Anyway after reading that note I took it for granted that Marines could not attack azores and hence my lose.

Paul

Hello Paul,

You are correct... I missed that part in the ordernotes... There was no mention of this in the Navy-chapter...

As MID32 is in the middle of the atlantic, I assumed that it would be deepsea...

I also calculated this by my turnsheets... wanting to verify that MID32 is 2 SMR. Indeed, I used 1 less fuel than expected.

So, to conclude, MID32 costs 2 SMR to enter and is a restricted seazone, as is SAT6 (Bermuda).

Marines can only land from restricted seazones, which all cost 2 SMR to enter.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Paul

Hello Paul,

You are correct... I missed that part in the ordernotes... There was no mention of this in the Navy-chapter...

As MID32 is in the middle of the atlantic, I assumed that it would be deepsea...

I also calculated this by my turnsheets... wanting to verify that MID32 is 2 SMR. Indeed, I used 1 less fuel than expected.

So, to conclude, MID32 costs 2 SMR to enter and is a restricted seazone, as is SAT6 (Bermuda).

Marines can only land from restricted seazones, which all cost 2 SMR to enter.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

This game never stops testing you.

If you don't read the rules from time to time it gets you and your enemies are unforgiving.

Thats what keeps me playing.

Paul

This game never stops testing you.

If you don't read the rules from time to time it gets you and your enemies are unforgiving.

Thats what keeps me playing.

Paul

Paul,

Same here... That is one of the interesting parts of this game.

One day, I hope to have mastered all the rules, including the hidden ones...

Norbert

I knew MID32 was restricted...... just couldn't find the proof anywhere. :cheers:

Great Discussion guys! I see I was not alone in my confusion. That should be a lesson for all newbies.....there are no stupid question and the universe abounds with occasionally confused veterans of the game!

So in summary. The island sea zones all take 2 SMR to enter both entering and also leaving the island in question. The rules are vague on this and the only know proof is the fuel consumption checked on various turnsheet results. I will assume this is correct unless we have objections.

So in summary. The island sea zones all take 2 SMR to enter both entering and also leaving the island in question. The rules are vague on this and the only know proof is the fuel consumption checked on various turnsheet results. I will assume this is correct unless we have objections.

Warmaster,

You are correct in assuming this.

Norbert

I knew MID32 was restricted...... just couldn't find the proof anywhere. :cheers:

Great Discussion guys! I see I was not alone in my confusion. That should be a lesson for all newbies.....there are no stupid question and the universe abounds with occasionally confused veterans of the game!

Confusion is like panic!

Never do it aone.

Danny Crane

Paul