Rolling Thunder Forums

Marine Movements

miraeng

When an amphibios attack into a city is successful where do the landing craft end up.

In the port or in the sea zone ajacent.

When an amphibios attack into a city is successful where do the landing craft end up.

They naval group remains in the sea zone from which it attacked the city. You have to move the naval group into the port the following turn. :ph34r: Or Not :D

Worked real well against Great Britain in game 74. :beer:

DezertCamel :ph34r:

They naval group remains in the sea zone from which it attacked the city. You have to move the naval group into the port the following turn. :ph34r: Or Not :D

If the Marines can get into the city from a sea zone can they embark back onto the landing craft from the city?

Paul

If the Marines can get into the city from a sea zone can they embark back onto the landing craft from the city?

Paul

the landing craft would have to be in the port to re-embark. If you landed the marines in the province then you could re-embark them the same turn since the landing craft would already be in the sea zone.

DerztCamel :ph34r:

They naval group remains in the sea zone from which it attacked the city. You have to move the naval group into the port the following turn. :pirate2: Or Not :o

Worked real well against Great Britain in game 74. :rolleyes:

DezertCamel :robot:

Paul

the landing craft would have to be in the port to re-embark. If you landed the marines in the province then you could re-embark them the same turn since the landing craft would already be in the sea zone.

DerztCamel :robot:

Are you sure about that? It seems illogical to be able to attack a port city from a sea zone, but then be unable to embark the same fleet from the city. It's marines we're talking about, so I'm not so sure.

They naval group remains in the sea zone from which it attacked the city. You have to move the naval group into the port the following turn. :pirate2: Or Not :woohoo:

Worked real well against Great Britain in game 74. :cheers:

DezertCamel :wub:

Paul

DerztCamel :wub:

Are you sure about that? It seems illogical to be able to attack a port city from a sea zone, but then be unable to embark the same fleet from the city. It's marines we're talking about, so I'm not so sure.

I kinda sure, so unless Russ' battle reports and ending locations of units are incorrect...... :blink:

I have a marine division in a port city and the ships still sitting in a sea zone. I mean I did not try and re-embark them so it could be possible but the rules state otherwise. So unless someone else has captured a port city by seaborne assault and then re-embarked that same group. We will not know for sure.

DezetCamel :alien:

I am sure about the landing craft ending up in the sea zone. No discussion there. It's just the marines being unable to embark from the city into the sea zone that has me wondering.

This is what I was confused about.

If a marine force can get off landing craft from a sea zone into a city the opposite should be able to happen.

If the landing craft have to enter the harbour to complete the attack why do they have to leave the harbour after completing the attack?

Paul

Hello all,

I have tried all the different options on amphibious assault and embarkation.

When you attach a port city, the naval force remains in the restricted seazone. The marines are not able to embark from this location.

This may seem illogical, but this is what the code of Victory sais...

Hope this helps.

Norbert

Hello all,

I have tried all the different options on amphibious assault and embarkation.

When you attach a port city, the naval force remains in the restricted seazone. The marines are not able to embark from this location.

This may seem illogical, but this is what the code of Victory sais...

Hope this helps.

Norbert

Are LSM-1's considered to be Aux or Warships?

Paul