Rolling Thunder Forums

Stockpiles

Jodookus

I have a quesiton about the stockpile display. With production this turn I broke 10 billion raw resources in my stockpiles. However, the quantity doesn't display properly.

I am supposed to have 11,755,048,110 raw resources but the stockpiles list 1,755,050,000. My first thought was that it truncated the tens digit but the math doesn't work out. It didn't truncate 10billion exactly, it removed 9,999,998,110 from the display.

What gives? Has anyone else broken the 10billion stockpile mark? Did their display get truncated? Or have I just lost 9,999,998,110 resources??? :cheers:

I have a quesiton about the stockpile display. With production this turn I broke 10 billion raw resources in my stockpiles. However, the quantity doesn't display properly.

I am supposed to have 11,755,048,110 raw resources but the stockpiles list 1,755,050,000. My first thought was that it truncated the tens digit but the math doesn't work out. It didn't truncate 10billion exactly, it removed 9,999,998,110 from the display.

What gives? Has anyone else broken the 10billion stockpile mark? Did their display get truncated? Or have I just lost 9,999,998,110 resources??? :cheers:

10 Billion stockpiled? I am impressed, but wonder why so much? Dont' know the answer to the truncation question.

I hope that isn't fertilizer. The odor, could you imagine?

Octus

Was a capured planet that has been chugging out the resources for countless turns. Of course I've 'improved' it somewhat :cheers: but now I wonder if I went too far. After all, losing over 9billion+ of any resource would suck.

Pete, any comments? If I exceed the 10billion mark in any one item in my stockpiles, is the number simply truncated for display purposes? Or has 9billion+ material vanished forever?

I had a similar question about a number larger than 10B and the answer was that it is a reporting error. Evidently numbers that large have hit a snag in being properly reported. Pete assured me that on my particular issue that all was well so I can only suppose that it is pretty much a generic problem with some numbers over 10B. I have seen that shield strength and integrity seem to display fine for really high values.

:P:cheers:

Thanks Hobknob, I think you are right but wanted to hear it come from someone who's experienced it. I recently built a 1400AP refueler and while it was able to use all 1400AP, the display only shows 2AP. Another example of large numbers just not displaying properly.

1400 AP refueler? As in skimmer? Very nice, but what a mundane job for the ship's captain and crew. :ph34r:

Bet they win the weekend racing events around the solar system. :P:cheers::blink:

How many pages did that fleet generate on the 'printout'?

Octus

Thanks Hobknob, I think you are right but wanted to hear it come from someone who's experienced it. I recently built a 1400AP refueler and while it was able to use all 1400AP, the display only shows 2AP. Another example of large numbers just not displaying properly.

1400 AP refueler? As in skimmer? Very nice, but what a mundane job for the ship's captain and crew. :ph34r:

Bet they win the weekend racing events around the solar system. :P:cheers::blink:

How many pages did that fleet generate on the 'printout'?

Octus

Yah, it's my new skimmer that brings in 96,250,000 fuel per turn. It adds about 120 pages to my printout file so it's probably me that added some delay to this turns processing. :cheers:

But we did get them on Saturday morning so its all good. :ph34r: