Rolling Thunder Forums

Phase Dragon Website

nickcnew

Hi all,

I am a returning player to SN with a new set up this last turn.When I played previously there was a great spreadsheet which uploaded you turns from a text file into different spreadsheets.

If I remember rightly there was Galaxy/Research/population groups and others.

It was great for a quick snapshot of your Empire and doing production and generally organising your turns.The player who made it was called Phase dragon.

Does this still exist or is there an alternative/bastardised version that people use.

Thanks All,

Nick

Thanks for info.I downloaded all the sheets and can't get any info to upload from my turnsheet.Its a pity as this really enhances this game.

Yeah, I noticed that too! So it's off to find 'Excel for Idiots'[prequel to Dummies], some new crayons, & some of Kurassiers best; then try to use his format to make something that works. :robot::P

Any one of the three promises entertainment with it's own rewards!

those macro's stopped working about 3 adobe pft's updates ago... I liked it... to bad we don;t have anyone who can do that again...

If we buy the right books, I think we can. My Office 2000 for Dummies has a chapter titled 'Having Fun with Formulas & Functions' that I'm just dying to get to :P:robot:

those macro's stopped working about 3 adobe pft's updates ago... I liked it... to bad we don;t have anyone who can do that again...

If we buy the right books, I think we can. My Office 2000 for Dummies has a chapter titled 'Having Fun with Formulas & Functions' that I'm just dying to get to :robot::pirate2:

It is scary what we are reduced to, waiting for turns..... :P

Octus

it is not the macros that do not work, it is the parsing of the turn, for two reasons.

One pete changed the look of several sections

and Adobe changed the format of save to text.

If you down load adobe reader 6.02 that part will work again, IE adobe will save in correct format

it is programmed in visual basic, so you still will have to change the programming to match the new turns

You're right, Octus, it is scary; but enlightening as well. Right now it looks like I'm well on my way to developing a ship design worksheet that will[if I print in color] not only deplete my ink cartridges at an alarming rate; but enable me to complete it, using pencil & calculator, in about half the time it would take without the form. :P

Mother would be so proud!

You're right, Octus, it is scary; but enlightening as well. Right now it looks like I'm well on my way to developing a ship design worksheet that will[if I print in color] not only deplete my ink cartridges at an alarming rate; but enable me to complete it, using pencil & calculator, in about half the time it would take without the form. :angry2:

Mixed technologies and high cost toner. Sure you want to do this? Mom may be prouder if you saved money on toner.

May you be continuously enlightened and your wallet less (en)lightened.....

:laugh:

You're right, Octus, it is scary; but enlightening as well. Right now it looks like I'm well on my way to developing a ship design worksheet that will[if I print in color] not only deplete my ink cartridges at an alarming rate; but enable me to complete it, using pencil & calculator, in about half the time it would take without the form. :jawdrop:

Mixed technologies and high cost toner. Sure you want to do this? Mom may be prouder if you saved money on toner.

May you be continuously enlightened and your wallet less (en)lightened.....

:laugh:

Mixing technologies can be both rewarding & enlightening[i.e.: distilling and brewing]. :angry2: By doing so, I was able to achieve a lateral breakthrough by using monochrome printing and upgrading to a mechanical pencil. I can't wait to see where this branch of the tree leads. :cheers:

My ship design worksheet is at http://www.geocities.com/batkins23/Sargon.html

Sadly, I still have not updated it to calculate defensive stats.

There is also a spreadsheet for calculating tooled production. It isn't anything like PhaseDragon's. I don't try to import data from the turn results and there are no macros. It's just for calculating production and determining amounts for BI orders.

Both are Excel 2000.

My ship design worksheet is at http://www.geocities.com/batkins23/Sargon.html

Sadly, I still have not updated it to calculate defensive stats.

There is also a spreadsheet for calculating tooled production. It isn't anything like PhaseDragon's. I don't try to import data from the turn results and there are no macros. It's just for calculating production and determining amounts for BI orders.

Both are Excel 2000.

Wow! That's some website. :angry2:

It's going to take me awhile to digest it; but thank you, SargonKingOfSlith, for the effort and the courtesy. :laugh: