Rolling Thunder Forums

What am I doing wrong!!!???

Breoghan

OK - I've landed Agent 00x on the enemy home planet, he's been there a couple of turns....

.....and......

NUTHIN!

Is there a vodka martini order I forgot/couldn't find?

Did Q forget to give him some fancy toys before the mission?

Is he too busy chasing the local bimbos around?

Is there an evil guy stroking a grey pussy (cat) getting in the way?

Is the agent just a waste of space that doesn't do anything?

Its the first time I've tried to do the agent thing, and so far is has produced absolutely ZERO. Is there yet another unpublished order out there to switch the guy on?

OK - I've landed Agent 00x on the enemy home planet, he's been there a couple of turns....

.....and......

NUTHIN!

Is there a vodka martini order I forgot/couldn't find?

Did Q forget to give him some fancy toys before the mission?

Is he too busy chasing the local bimbos around?

Is there an evil guy stroking a grey pussy (cat) getting in the way?

Is the agent just a waste of space that doesn't do anything?

Its the first time I've tried to do the agent thing, and so far is has produced absolutely ZERO. Is there yet another unpublished order out there to switch the guy on?

The way you have deployed the agent is correct there are no further orders to issue. Every agent report I have had gave details of orders issued by that empire that turn.

I would suspect that if you arent getting any reports then the empire is not issuing orders and its likely to be dropped. I only have 2 agents deployed for the last couple of turns but I get a report from each of them each turn.

Agent reports are really useful, you get to find out what an empire is producing, where they have moved ships etc it is a cool way to gather information.

I hope that helps?

If the enemy HW that you dropped on has even a few counter-espionage installations these will severely limit your agents chance of getting any "hits" (treat agents as scientist, chance of them getting a hit from enemy turn report) have you built any espionage installations of your own within the system to help your agent analyze his data?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Thanks for starting this thread, Breoghan!

I made a recent find of an item that I haven't gained the pre-req's for, loaded'em up, hauled'em home, OC'd them, and took off again for new worlds; only to find the *XX#@@% things are still on the fleet! :python:

Is this a case of the system not recognizing the item because I haven't reached that level yet? Should I pay more attention to the OC ALL NO FUEL order? :unsure:

Or am I condemned to lug these things around the galaxy? :blink:

Orderly! More Logistics Clarification here! :cheers::blink:

Chairman,

You can ANZ unknown tech finds at any world where you have any sort of scientific installation.

Items not in "your" database must be handtyped in exactly or the computer will not recognize the item as OCéd. If you did an OC ALL and to the correct popgroup at the correct location (Ie ship over it) and still couldnt unload it, then its a bug and you'd better report it to Pete

Cheers

(/Locklyn

Chairman,

You can ANZ unknown tech finds at any world where you have any sort of scientific installation.

Items not in "your" database must be handtyped in exactly or the computer will not recognize the item as OCéd. If you did an OC ALL and to the correct popgroup at the correct location (Ie ship over it) and still couldnt unload it, then its a bug and you'd better report it to Pete

Cheers

(/Locklyn

Thanks, Locklyn, I was hoping it was something like that. The fleet is returning as we speak, and certain Imperial Traffic Managers are preparing for their new careers in astroid mining! :python::cheers:

Just to cover all the bases, make sure the item in question isn't in your global excludes section too.

If you OC a specific item instead of OC ALL/ALL NO FUEL then the global exclude shouldnt kick in, ie you could OC F9451 P3361 Mk II Fleet Shield Generator 1 even if it was in global excludes but not if you OC'ed ALL...

Cheers

/Locklyn

Just to cover all the bases, make sure the item in question isn't in your global excludes section too.

If you OC a specific item instead of OC ALL/ALL NO FUEL then the global exclude shouldnt kick in, ie you could OC F9451 P3361 Mk II Fleet Shield Generator 1 even if it was in global excludes but not if you OC'ed ALL...

Cheers

/Locklyn

Ah! Global Exclude! Another order, like the Fleet Battle Plan, that I've yet to plumb the depths of. <_<

The way I type[sorry, keyboard :pirate2: ] I'll stick with All-No Fuel for the time being. If I screw that OC up, at least I have fuel shuttles to fall back on. :P

Thanks, guys! :ranting::cheers: